A musical Rabbit hole from past.

Rob Keeble

Anyone remember the hit song "Owner of a lonely heart" by band YES.

https://youtu.be/2384ayqnAho

Well the guy who started this band originated from SA from a band called Rabbit.

Don't ask how, lol my memory or Linda's cannot recall how we came to recall this band and its hit "Charlie" this am.

But i was telling Linda a story i thought i would share here for a bit of a laugh that may take some of you back to similar funny events of your youth.

To set the scene, you have to be aware that the event took place very shortly after we got television for the first time which was mid seventies.

The real hit show amongst us 17 year olds seeing tv for first time was a show called "Pop Shop" with pop music.

Well the two main guys that started Rabbit were Trevor Rabin and Duncan Faure, (the founder of YES) .
Anyhow us youthful males (my friends and I ) did not take kindly to these new pop idols the girls were all fixated with, especially their outfits and more so when we heard the girls were flinging their pantys at them when on the stage.

So we sitting in my buddies lounge one Friday night just before going out on the town watching a recording of "Pop Shop" .

My friends Dad must have been one in a million people who had purchased a pre Betamax, Pre VHS , video recorder. Gosh this makes me feel ancient.

There were no off shelf video tapes even thought of then. This was to record tv so we did not miss a show. Remember the novelty. Lol

Anyhow, during this episode of pop shop Rabbit makes an appearance and another friend of mine Philip always the comedian takes his white T shirt off dives on the carpet in front of the tv screen shouting Duncan we love you, in a mocking manner.

Oh boy we all cracked up laughing.

If you have the time or interest here is a video about them, but rather just cut to time slot 2:54 and see a live shot of him teasing the girls in front section of audience and you will hear the line that caused the joke on our part. Its the only video of this incident i could find.

https://youtu.be/WzpxwIE8zds

Man it was a memorable spontaneous bit of comedy by a bunch of highly jealous youths battling at that time to find dates to "go out with" lol

Enjoy have a laugh. Hope you guys get it.

LOL.

Don't get a jukebox Rob. Trust me. Every time you hear an old song you like you'd have to go and find it on a 7". DAMHIKT