Rushed in another Friday.

Been working on getting my pool cleaned again, had a spring break in the diverter valve on my sand filter, got it fixed and running last night. Have the grandson most of the weekend, so mostly hanging out with him. I do have an old friend I haven't seen in a couple of years that may be coming by, he's moving back to the area, so got some catching up to do.

Will be working on the Woodland Pines sign.

Also working on the house. I have a building permit, windows on order, siding on order. Lots of Prep work to do.

Hope to fit in some CNC cabinet work. I am thinking the Kitchen cabinets are on a little back burner until fall / winter

Working from home today...sitting at my desk drinking coffee, wearing my PJs and doing my best impersonation of Brent, lol. Later today we're getting a new garage door opener installed to replace the ancient one that came with the house. The old one has no safety features, and the remotes stopped working a year or so ago. The new one will be belt driven, with modern remotes and WiFi connectivity so we can monitor the door from our smart phones. (Including closing and opening the door remotely.) I also want to do one more soil tamping session on the building pad I've made for the new shed.

Saturday the new shed is getting installed. Woot! I'll try to get some pics of the progress. Later in the afternoon we'll be going to the company "Family Fun Day" at a local indoor amusement place. They have bowling, billiards, laser tag, gravity ropes (whatever that is), shuffleboard, and video games. Plus there will be a Tex-Mex buffet.

Sunday I'd like to build some shelves along at least one wall of the new shed. Nothing fancy, just functional.

Vaughn, It's good to see you back in the saddle again, PJ's and all! This weekend I'm getting the "stuff" out of the tent it's been in for the last week back into the garage...cleaning as I go. I dodged a big bullet with my jointer planer, which went from an air conditioned garage to a sweltering 90+ degree heat, 90% humidity tent for a week and came back into the garage with not one bit of rust on the cast iron. I guess Johnson's paste wax works.

AC in the morning with Fox news tea and eggs. I'm taking Buddy to meet Jon's dog Dog . He'll get so.
Exercise today. Dog is a super hyper black lab so I'm guessing he will run this puppy to death. Also watching the news about the u.s. Gerald Ford 13 billion dollars. This is a really cool ship.

Last evening, I finished some 3D stuff a friend wanted. It's being delivered today.

Today, I'm in my shop for a while mainly for some maintenance - straightening up stuff a bit.

Sunday will be our usual routine. I'll prepare brunch, then chill out until the NASCAR Indy race starts.

Well i dont want to jinx my weekend like i did last one. Ended up spending all the energy i had doing yard work and chores.

So hoping it rains, then i dont have to cut the grass again man its only been a week and stuff is growing this year like weeds due to rain we have had this year.

Got another leather sheath for my large axe going on the work bench but i got a list of other projects in the shop a mile long i want to get to.

After seeing that lathe video Vaughn posted my "wonderful world" mood went to uh oh reality check Rob.

Started the day discovering the guys whose videos i posted in the CNC forum and thought wow what an amazing world. Not that long ago not only would that guy not have been able to do that 3 D design and printing at home at an affordable level for hobby but he would not have been able to share it with all of us around the world.
When i see postings like his i am always taken back and pause and just marvel at how things have changed since the days i took the first steps into the world of Microprocessors.
Its incredible and i don't want to just take it for granted.

have a good one folks.

Our friend Ian the shearer came by today and this big annual job is done at last. Better yet, another friend came by and helped with the skirting and took it all away to be processed into yarn at a little woolen mill they've just started up.:thumb:
Taking the rest of the day off :)

I stayed in for the most part nursing some pulled back muscles. Girlfriend ran some errands and later we went and ate at the Olive Garden in Weatherford. Ate some steak thing with Alfredo cheese and pasta with spinach. Good eating. It went over 100 today so most of my time was still taking the occasional muscle relaxer and using the heating pad. Need to get back in some kind of working order so I can move some logs in. Have some pecan down and ready to load and cottonwood coming a little after that. Danged muscles really jerked out of whack. :eek: