Vacuum Sealer Food Savers

I got a Foodsaver brand V2244. We love the way it works for the first couple seals at a time - but after 2-3 cycles, it needs to rest for an hour before it works again.

Although I am frightened by the Foodsaver brand, Amazon has a similar one designed for 40 consecutive seals. The GameSaver Outdoorsman Vacuum Sealing System, GM2050-000, looks similar to the one I have except in forest green rather than black color. I don't mind paying $64.62 if it really works.

a) Has anyone used the GM2050?
b) Are there others that you recommend? We aren't doing whole animals, but like to buy bulk packs and freeze individual meals, like a couple pork chops in a package, which may mean sealing 5-10 packs at a time.

Charlie, We have the Gamesaver Bronze, model V2836, which looks similar.
http://www.foodsaver.ca/en_CA/vacuu...m-bronze-with-starter-kit/FSGSSL2835-000.html

Ours is several (5+) years old and we have been generally happy. If I do a long run of packages it will time out for a few minutes and that's OK. It will not tolerate anything moist anymore...don't know why. When this one totally fails we will spend the extra money and get a chamber vacuum sealer so we can do liquids/wet foods.

It's a far cry from $64.62 but I have the Cabela's 15" sealer and I've been satisfied with it. I long ago had a FoodSaver Professional II that plugged away for many years of salmon fishing, sausage making, meat curing, barbecue, and whatever else I could throw at it. But I would have a chamber sealer, too if I had the space and could justify it.

I got this one last year on Amazon and it never fails, keeps going, never had a problem. Done 10 packs of two hamburger patty's one right after the other, and it didn't even slow down...pretty happy with it, does both wet seal and dry...the wet is great for sealing stuff like mac & cheese highly recommend it..current price is $82 bucks I think I paid less then that, can't remember. I smoke a lot of ribs usually do three or four racks at a time, split them into five packs from what we don't eat, and vacuum seal them, this unit does the job easily I reheat them in the vacuum pack with water and they are has good as the day I smoked them...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CFGLROE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Charlie after all the agro i had with ours i was never going to buy foodsaver again, but when i looked around well it was step up to serious money or more of same.
So bought a new 4448 series at Costco. Way way better machine. It still has the 20 or so seconds wait between bags after getting going to let the heater cool, but it is actually a pleasure to use and seals way better. Holds a roll of plastic and a cutter in the lid.
Been used hard a few times since we got it and so far touch wood its doing well.