A Matter That Should

Dave Hoskins

This is a matter that should demand national attention. Now I know some are gonna think I have totally lost it. But just think about this. Corn dogs have shrunk by about 1/3 their size from only 2 years ago. And, the price is the same if not at bit higher. This is horrible and serious. Isn't it??? We buy the State Fair brand because they are the better ones in this area. And they have shrunk!!! Badly. Well, now that I have said this I hope that folks don't show up with them big nets and straight jackets. :rofl:

That always annoys me. Don't shrink it! I'd gladly pay more for a quality corn dog!

That being said, I have been known to make my own in the past, and it's a vastly superior product!

A 5 pound bag of sugar now weighs 4 pounds. The struggle is real!

But the mini corndogs from Der Weinerschnitzel are the bomb! A 12-pack of them will fill you right up. :thumb:

Maybe we ought to start a petition on this. Woody Harrelson did a video about the how the people should take back control of things like this. I think it's called Ethos. Interesting. He says, and he's right, that consumers buy stuff that costs more and is harmful to the environment only because the companies tell us to. He encourages us to quit that, buy what actually works and is better all the way around for everything. As the old saying goes, if folks will quit buying it, they will quit making it.

Same size jar less quantity. Indent the bottom so consumer doesn't notice. Coffee don't even get me started.
Brent what's the receipt for homemade hotdogs? We like em but as everyone has posted they are getting chinchier and chinchier.
I know companies need to make profit but just charge for full value and size.
David

A 5 pound bag of sugar now weighs 4 pounds. The struggle is real!

But the mini corndogs from Der Weinerschnitzel are the bomb! A 12-pack of them will fill you right up. :thumb:

I miss Der Weinerschnitzel.... we didn't have them in Houston, only Coney Island Hotdogs which were okay, but Der Weinerschnitzel's were better... here in east Tennessee we don't have either....:(:(

When I was a kid (back when Christ was still a child) a Baby Ruth candy bar was enough for two and only cost a nickel.... today they're half the size and cost a dollar????

Fortunately Blue Bell is still a full half gallon .... it just costs $7.98 here.

I remember Der Weinerschnitzel's. Had them in Fort Worth back in the day and then they disappeared. Phhhtttttt!!!!! A shame. They had good dogs and stuff. Well, I guess we have defintely established that everything has gone to the dogs. Sorry. Had to say that. :rofl:

If you happen to have a Stripes convenience store near you, their corn dogs are still full size and reasonably priced. And on top of that, they are really good. I generally wait until Sonic puts them on for $.50 each (limit 10). They do it 4-5 times a year. They're not as good as Stripes corn dogs but hey, they're 50 cents.
Steve