They're everywhere! They're everywhere!

I've never had them in my bananas before, and wouldn't particularly want one to be. Nasty stinging little buggers. And, they generally are not content to sting you once. They will keep coming until you kill 'em. I generally stomp on 'em with my boots and grind them in real good. Doing that I still sometimes see 'em still squirming. The definitely are diehards. If they get ya, but Absorbine Jr. on it. Takes care of it fast. Living out where I do I will kill one now and then in the house. Always shake your house shoes out before you put them on. They like hiding in them. AWK!!! Kill all scorpions.

That's a pretty rare occurrence. Bananas are picked and ship green and when they arrive at their destination (read that as port of entry), they are gassed with ethylene gas to start the ripening process and to kill bugs. Mostly spiders, but it will kill just about anything as the process eliminates the oxygen environment. I lived in Tampa many years ago and most bananas for the east coast of US are brought in there and go through the process in large air tight warehouses. It is not fool proof and bugs do get to where they should not go, like your kitchen counter.

I don't need no bananas to find scorpions, lol. I killed #16 for the year at our house last Sunday.

Attachments

• Scorpion 16b 1024 T.jpg
    Scorpion 16b 1024 T.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 6
We found one in our rock garden last year, was very surprised since Arkansas isn't really a haven for scorpions. We found it right after a big storm, very windy, my guess was it maybe came here via Thunder storm airlines from another state...lol...so never seen one since, happily..