Friday whats up

We have a lot of deliveries today. I try to get bunch of pictures on the finishing page of what's been going on in the shop. It's been extremely busy. This weekend the family's planned a dinner on Sunday since my birthday is on Wednesday. Hope to get some riding in the weather cooperates and I need to get down put some corn out so I can see what kind of deer I have coming into my stand. Hope you all have a great weekend.

This Friday is talk to construction loan brokers. Met with a new contractor Wednesday night. I think this guy will work out. The first one raised tons of red flags, so I bailed. On the work front, I have an 85 year sweetie in the hospital with rupture appendix. And the hospital is an hour and a half away. Ready to blast out of here as needed. Serious stuff. And gotta squeeze laundry on there someplace.

Finish up bathroom remodel. Mow weather permitting. Highschool football game tonight in brand new stadium. Kick back and enjoy life.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend.
David

Not sure just what all will happen today, or this weekend. Nothing specifically planned so whatever happens is not by design. I do want to cut some blanks out of that new pecan, so hopefully that will happen. I also want to thin the corn patch out some, got it too thick so it won't grow up to be good sweet corn. I have cantaloupes growing in the center as well. They seem to be coming along alright. Besides that, don't get me telling no tales.

We've got the grandson most of the weekend, so lots of time with him, but need to do a little cleaning tonight and stock up the pantry. I think I finally got issues worked out on the pool and cleaned up again, had some valve parts go out last week. It's also a long weekend for me as I had scheduled some time to go out of town, but that was canceled this last week due to my wife's coworker going into labor early. Still taking a few days off though for a "Stay-cation".

Going to Mystic Seaport Saturday with a friend for the Marine Engine expo. They will have ALL sorts of engines - Gas - Diesel - Steam. All shapes and sizes. Boats and displays everywhere.

It will be fun

I have started the house siding. I anticipate about 2 years to completion. I have 3 windows to replace, one window means structural modification to my house.

Same old...
Mow, a little work around the house, shop time. Starting on Christmas builds. A few items for the Etsy site, and a couple of gifts in the planning stages.
Most importantly, lunch with Jonathan and his lovely wife Louann on Saturday. :D

Did the lawn mowing yesterday, as usual, so it doesn't interfere with the weekend.

Today, I'm continuing to work on our master bathroom mirror project - cutting and fitting bead board panels together. Photos when it's finished.

Saturday will hopefully complete the master bathroom mirror project, then chill out until the race starts.

Sunday should be a do-nothing day. The old bod needs it!!!

Harvest time for the fig tree. Got a bumper crop this year, so there will be lots of fig preserves being made this week end.:D
IMG_4051.jpgIMG_4054.jpg

....and freezing some beans too.
IMG_4068.jpgIMG_4079.jpg

Last edited:
Aside from the usual yard work, I'll continue with the garage space-making project. As part of that project, I have a refrigerator I need to post on Craigslist and several boxes of stuff to take to the Habitat Restore. Sunday LOML and I are going to stop by one of the many chile festivals that are popping up all over town this time of year. I'm also hoping to go out somewhere and try to get the new 4Runner a little dirty. ;) I still haven't had much of a chance to see what it'll do in low 4 wheel drive.

...And gotta squeeze laundry on there someplace.

As long as your vestment is clean, you should be good to go, right? :D

Well, yes, Vaughn, but I don't vest in the summer. Too hot. And its clean, but my undies are another matter! I know, TMI!

Last edited by a moderator:
Von no mud on a new to you 4 by 4 is like no blood on a new shotgun come hunting season. That's possibly calls for the calling of your man card. Hope you get out there and get some mud on that 4Runner.........

I don't really do mon to friday for work & have the weekend off so if I am well enough I will be in the workshop, only being able to work part time I tend to try & take advantage of the good days. Being divorced & living on my own I don't have a significant other half to upset by not spending the weekends at home lol
I've got some steak platters that were cut on the CNC to give a quick sanding, customer is a woodworker who is doing a lot of work for a Restaurant but doesn't own a CNC machine so asked if I could cut them & then he will finish them. Got a mini bus to put vinyl graphics on Sunday & a few other bits & pieces that need doing depending on what time I have, then there are my own projects that I would like to be getting on with :)

Von no mud on a new to you 4 by 4 is like no blood on a new shotgun come hunting season. That's possibly calls for the calling of your man card. Hope you get out there and get some mud on that 4Runner.........

I agree. Every 4x4 needs an inauguration. ;) I had it up in the mountains for an afternoon last weekend, but the only unpaved stuff we were on was mostly rocky. I had to go out of my way just to hit a couple of the few mud puddles I saw just to splash a bit of mud on the fenders. And unless the monsoon rains come back in the next day or two, I might just have to settle for dusty instead of muddy this weekend, lol.

Vauhgn
Slide down the mess and hit the Rio Grande. Bet there's a little water there. Used to swim in down at Socorro even at flood stage. That shows you how much water goes down there.
David

I guess down in the desert lands you can't get out and do much puddle jumping, any flat bed creeks or is that where the rains come into play ?

Around here there really aren't any creeks with road crossings, although it's not all desert. There are mountains east, north, and northwest of here where you can find unimproved roads. Some are rocky and others are mostly clay. The clay is fine as long as it's dry, but in the rain, it can get slippery (and deep) quickly.

Vauhgn
Slide down the mess and hit the Rio Grande. Bet there's a little water there. Used to swim in down at Socorro even at flood stage. That shows you how much water goes down there.
David

These days, access to any dirt/muddy roads down by the river in Albuquerque is pretty much closed. Likewise on the mesa east of town up to the foothills of the Sandias. The areas on the east mesa where we used to go driving on the dirt roads are now either full of houses or closed off to vehicles and reserved as open space. You pretty much have to go to BLM or Forest Service land to get out in the boonies these days.