Cut List Plus Gold Version

i can barely drive the internet let alone figgure out sketchup or cabinet building software;) ......good luck greg.......as i told doug in another thread most folks i know are using cabinetvision, watching them use it it looks pretty simple........but watching a physicist explian nuclear physics looks simple too:eek:
i`ve almost mastered a tape measure and trammel points.....computers is a long reach......tod

Regular cut list has saved me the low cost many times over. I keep thinking I should upgrade to silver, but have kept surviving with the cheap version. (Edge banding may push me over). If I can't justify silver, can I justify gold?

Charlie,
The things I am looking at in the gold version is having the overhead, pricing tools, and customer proposals. However after reading your post. It would be hard to justify the added cost vs the time it would take me to do the same thing on a spreadsheet and import my Custlist stuff to excel
Thanks. Sometimes I need a sanity check. Need to start thinking more like Tod. If I need it make it.

Greg

I build custom furniture, so there is a lot more to estimates than a multiplier on materials, etc. (I do that for a sanity check, but that's about all). And proposals have a lot of points to respond to customer's requests, with very little boiler plate. I haven't tried automatic systems for generating quotes or writing proposals, but I doubt if they would be very valuable for the kind of work I do.

Your results may vary.

Gregory,
I agree with Tod. Seems like alot of people are using software to figure stuff out and that can be beneficial if you are doing multiple pieces and have spent the time necessary to learn the program. As with Charlie my line of work is with the prototype, the custom piece, one of a kind. I know the basics of drawing and design and have enough experience to make my opinion and my freehand drawings valid for my self and the clients. From the drawings, considering my basic building techniques I can make a relatively strong start of material take off and cut list.
To each his own. I'll be drawing on wood.
Shaz