Here's what I do when I activate one of my Stupid Days....

Chuck Ellis

Cut a bunch of bowl blanks and threw the scraps in the bin for the fire pit.... had enough to start a fire
then discovered I was out of Kerosene.... :(:(:huh:, brilliant idea... I have some gasoline I use in the chain saw. :thumb:

Must have sloshed some on my hand, had a flash back, caught my hand on fire, danced around trying to put out the flames,
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

0928171251.jpg

This is a week after the fact, still healing and hopefully learning new lessons.....

Yikes! Glad it wasn't worse. Heal up quickly, buddy. :thumb:

I made the mistake once of using Coleman fuel as a starter in a little potbellied stove. To make it better, I let it soak into the logs for a minute or two. I knew enough to stand off to the side, but when the lit match got about 5 feet from the stove opening, that thing shot out a tongue of fire that reached nearly all the way across the room. Came scary close to burning my friend's cabin down that day.

AWK!!! I learned my lessons on that sort of event by learning from others and their mishaps, including my stepdad. I learned to use ONLY low flashpoint fuels to light fires. That equates to either kerosene or charcoal lighter fluid. Chuck I hope it finishes healing alright. Hard lesson to learn. But, I look at things on the bright side. I could have been a lot worse. Luckily it wasn't.

Can't fix stupid. When Brent and I were dating, my Pathfinder radiator was blowing up. It was making a greater and greater high pitched noise. I "stupidly" opened the cap and, well let's say I went to our ugly shirt party with a pretty red face. Positive side was I got a free facial peel :rofl:

When I saw the title I was all ready to thank you for posting this sort of thing and making me feel better about my own boo-boos. Then I saw that you got hurt and shifted gears quick. Glad that wasn't worse. Heal quick and take care.

Thanks for the well wishes... I'm healing pretty well, still a little raw on the thumb and the bird finger. I actually did a little work in the shop today.
I thought it prudent to put on a nitrile glove over the raw wounds.... that was a little painful, but necessary.

I've used gasoline in the past to start fires and without any mishap, but as my title said, this was one of my stupid days when I just wasn't paying
enough attention to what I was doing.