Friday !

Supposed to rain Sat., been working in the shop getting it more organized and hopefully ready for a winter of work. Otherwise, firewood detail. Been collecting, splitting, hauling, stacking and enjoying this weather.

Friday: In my shop working on some of the Michigan chocolate - milling more parts for my big slab and a companion side table.

Saturday: More of the same along with another coat of Arm-R-Seal on the big slab.

Sunday: The usual routine of me preparing brunch, then chillin' until race time!

Of course, Saturday evening and Sunday routines might be affected by Nate!!!

Tonight I need to stop for some electrical boxes to finish up wiring the laundry room project. Tomorrow I take my wife to breakfast, then drop her off at a friends house. They have a girls day/night planned. I'll be heading back home to remove the seats from her jeep to install new leather seat covers in it along with seat heaters.

In addition to werky work, planning the move and starting to pack.

Still need approval of the shed plans but have to wait for close of escrow. They won't consider them until the place is mine. Meanwhile earlier this wee, I visited a friend that lives in a manufactured house and she enclosed her car patio and has a garage! We all know what garages are for! Thinking about trying to get approval for that instead.

I have a dozen cups to make today including a couple for 2 of my granddaughters who are having a party tomorrow so it's work work for me today and party tomorrow! Sadly I have to drive a couple hours each way to the gig but it should be a fun day. Today was parent teacher conferences and the kids didn't have any horrible reports so the weekend is starting out well! :thumb:

In addition to werky work, planning the move and starting to pack.

Still need approval of the shed plans but have to wait for close of escrow. They won't consider them until the place is mine. Meanwhile earlier this wee, I visited a friend that lives in a manufactured house and she enclosed her car patio and has a garage! We all know what garages are for! Thinking about trying to get approval for that instead.

Nice, Take a drive through the neighborhood and see if there are any others already that way, will give you examples to provide to the approval committee. Probably the same stipulations about the gas meter and such on the back side though.

Saturday the band is playing at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. We play a gig there every year at one of the corporate tents. It's always a fun time. Good food, appreciative crowd, and we have front-row seats to watch the balloon field as we play during the evening Balloon Glow event. Then near the end of the evening, we get to play and watch a great fireworks display.

Sunday will be spent recovering from schlepping band gear around and playing a 4-hour show on Saturday. This rock star stuff is hard for us old guys, lol. :D

Monday will be house chore day. If I get motivated, I might even go out to the Balloon Fiesta Sunday or Monday morning and tag along with some friends as a crew member on their balloon(s). (I get the day off for Columbus Day. Working for a government contractor can have its perks, lol.)

It's Thanksgiving in Canada this weekend so I'll be seeing parts of my family drop in or invite us for dinner. First of those invitations is tonight. If tomorrow is fine, I may continue working on a couple of projects, but probably not.

Nice thought, Darren. I did poke around the park yesterday for a bit when coming back from the eye doc. Didn't see any. One guy did have his halfway blocked off with lattice panels. Didn't search the whole park though. Will have to talk with my real estate agent. She knows the park very well and would have history, if there is any. Stay tuned/

BTW, eye doc says dramatic improvement in my eyes!

Rain today and tomorrow, but Sunday should be sunny and warm - just perfect for the fall color train ride Jan and I are taking on a steam train about 1 hour east of us. I might be a little early for peak color, but I still love train rides regardless - especially steam.

Considering a visit to Albuquerque to help Vaughn schlepp gear. Planning on accompanying the band with my rubber spoons so I can get a good seat at the balloon fest. Prolly end up staying home and playing in the garden instead. The squirrels love my spoon playing.

Considering a visit to Albuquerque to help Vaughn schlepp gear. Planning on accompanying the band with my rubber spoons so I can get a good seat at the balloon fest. Prolly end up staying home and playing in the garden instead. The squirrels love my spoon playing.

Ted sounds like a great opportunity you should go. I've seen balloons take off and it's so cool. Plus get an evening with the master playing.

Been running errands and visiting with friends all day. One of them I've known since I can't remember has advanced stage lung cancer, and the poor guy never smoked. A shame. But, tomorrow back to doing stuff in the shop.

C'mon out! I'll sneak you in. :D

Ted sounds like a great opportunity you should go. I've seen balloons take off and it's so cool. Plus get an evening with the master playing.

There's a lot better guitarists than me to go see, but only one place where you can watch 500+ balloons take off. ;)

e7f193b997e449b606847077aead5c09--balloon-fiesta-hot-air-balloons.jpg

Well I slept for quite a bit of the day on Friday lol

Vectric had the UK User Group meeting on Thursday, I drove down Wednesday Night (7 hours) attended the meeting & then drove back home Thursday night, keep forgetting I am not as young as I used to be so I have been paying for doing that most of the weekend. This was the 4th User Group meeting in the UK, first 2 years I missed through health problems, last year I thought it was 3rd time lucky as I was on my way only for the car to break down about an hour from their headquarters lol
Really enjoyed meeting the staff face to face & some of the other Vectric users.

I'm late, the weekend is nearly gone... Friday shop time getting ready for Saturday.... Saturday my usual trip to Knoxville for the farmer's market... had a good day there, not rich, but didn't do too bad either...

today, we celebrate my lovely wife's 74th birthday... if the rain isn't too bad we'll go out to dinner, if it is, I'll grill steak on the indoor grill.
Right now it's drizzling from Nate and slated to get heavier as the day goes along.

Vaughn
I'll have to find the pictures. My wife had just came home for the hospital with our 1st son Jonathan Dec. 82 and I was just starting up working on my own and a decorator asked me to paint a mural of hot air balloons. She had a gondola seat made that set in the dentist office. I painted mountains with Hot Air Balloons in the back ground and glass painted trees , as I said I'll see if I can find the photos. It was a cool job to land before Christmas that year.