It's another Friday 13th

This is the 13th and I'll be home alone. Wife is gone all weekend and Jarrod is gone all weekend camping. Haven't an idea , shop time, tree stand time, bike time or just couch time. My 1st thought was a bike ride to Iowa to visit Jake and Sara. Got to check the weather for the weekend 1st

Friday: In my shop working on parts for the undercarriage of my walnut slab coffee table and preparing to start the finish process on a companion side table. Later today, I'll put some chicken leg quarters and breasts in brine to prepare them for the grill and smoker Saturday.

Saturday: Start the smoker for items stated above and continue on my walnut projects.

Sunday: The usual: I'll prepare brunch, then chill out to wait for the start of the Talladega race.

Some of the above might be shifted around a bit since my sister is visiting us.

Today is a half day of work, our manager is taking us all to Dave & Buster's for a team builder the last half of the day. Tonight we'll mostly be cleaning/decorating as tomorrow we have a party to find out what gender our next grandbaby will be. Sunday will be mostly yardwork and changing the sub fuse panel on my wife's Jeep to a new one I bought.

Forgot it was Friday the 13th. Well, actually forgot it was Friday altogether. Been ripping some of the cottonwood down this morning. Letting the new chain cool off for a few minutes before I tighten it up some. Then back to ripping. Needed to eat some kind of protein snack anyway. Get these ripped then see what else I need to rip before I stop. Outside of that, who knows? Only the Shadow knows. :D Besides, look at it on the bright side! We ain't Knights Templar. They met their demise on October 13, 1307. 710 years ago. Interesting.

Last edited:
Today is negotiating needed repairs to the new house. Right now it is up to the seller to do what needs to be done. If not, we're done and I'll go looking elsewhere. Grrr...

Other than that, the usual perky work stuff is on the calendar. That and keeping a sharp eye on the weather. Super dry. So far the winds have not kicked up as predicted. It is fire season big time here.

Today is negotiating needed repairs to the new house. Right now it is up to the seller to do what needs to be done. If not, we're done and I'll go looking elsewhere. Grrr...
Have you given thought to negotiating a credit for repairs allowing you to make the arrangements and overseeing the work? In my limited experience, a seller will sometimes take the least expensive route and repairs might not be all you would want or expect. A haphazard and poorly executed repair might cost you down the road.

These repairs are what was discovered by a licensed inspector. And will have to pass muster with him after they are done. So no worries there. I have made two offers with regard to the repairs. Have not heard about the second one. And the second one was the last one, as far as I am concerned. I like the place but it ain't the only fish in the sea!

Letting the new chain cool off for a few minutes before I tighten it up some. Then back to ripping. Needed to eat some kind of protein snack anyway.

Well, quit shutting your mouth while cutting. Letting all that sawdust fall to the ground instead of munching while working!:eek::huh::wave::chair:

Fall Break starts after getting the company vehicle back home tonight!

Pretty laid-back weekend here. Originally had a gig scheduled for Friday night, but we had to cancel it last week as one of the guys in the band got called out of town for work.

Saturday, I'm going to visit a buddy who's closing his print shop. He's got some shelves and benches that might be usable in my shop. After that, I'm thinking of taking a fall color drive up into the mountains. The aspens are turning right about now, so I may see if I can get some decent photos.

Sunday is the last day of the Balloon Fiesta here. I haven't decided if I want to get up at 4:00 AM to go see the final mass ascension or not. (Gotta go early to beat the traffic. There will be around 80,000 people there.) We've had perfect balloon weather here all week, and my office is only a couple of miles from the balloon park, so I've been seeing a lot in the skies this week.