Makita 7104 Chain Mortiser & Makita 1805C 155mm Planer

Stuart Ablett

A Little while ago I had a buddy ask me to get him a chain mortiser and a wide power planer.

I got both used here at a great price and Today was the day he came to pick them up.

Yes I had a nice visit with Peter as usual.

Makita 1805C Planer 2.jpgMakita 1805C Planer.jpg

and here is a short video of the test run of the chain mortiser.

Cheers!

It's a hungry beast for sure! Actually had to kind of hold up on it. Felt like it could cut right down to Middle Earth if you let it!
Thanks for a great day, Stu, and, of course, for coordinating the new tools.

It's a hungry beast for sure! Actually had to kind of hold up on it. Felt like it could cut right down to Middle Earth if you let it!
Thanks for a great day, Stu, and, of course, for coordinating the new tools.
I had a great day too!
Can't wait to see what you do with your new toys!

Sent from my WAS-LX2J using Tapatalk

Awesome!! Did you trade blueberries for that??:D:thumb::thumb:

Haha! I suppose in a round about way Ted. It's wild blueberries that bring me here from time to time. I think Stu and Emiko are indoctrinated by now :)
The online bidding process was fun, down to the wire by text message while Emiko was on the computer. If only my father could see that!

You spoilt lucky man. Lol i see a new post and beam barn in your future. Did you find a slick???

Haha! I think I'll start with a set of those beefy timberframe sawhorses and work up from there. You can give it a test drive next time you're here :thumb:

No slick this time. There was a wide array of them on auction but I didn't know enough about various styles of Japanese ones to make a good decision. My friend Glen the Picker may come up with one, or there's always LV and Christmas is coming :D

Peter, some years ago, we had timber framing classes at the college where I taught. They had a teacher come from Vermont who had timber framing company and schools there. He had us get slicks from this company.: https://barrtools.com

Pricey but quite an addition to the shop, and I have found a number of uses for them outside of timber framing. I have the 1 1/2" and the 2" to match the most common tenons.

FWIW.

Peter, some years ago, we had timber framing classes at the college where I taught. They had a teacher come from Vermont who had timber framing company and schools there. He had us get slicks from this company.: https://barrtools.com

Pricey but quite an addition to the shop, and I have found a number of uses for them outside of timber framing. I have the 1 1/2" and the 2" to match the most common tenons.

FWIW.

Oh, Carol. Now you've done it. Planting ideas in my head, as bad as Keeble.

Those are beautiful tools and I'll be in New England next week....;)