DIY Band Saw Project

Tom Baugues

I don't usually post links to other peoples videos but I came across this guy on YouTube that makes all kind of things and thought this was interesting to watch. It's in 3 parts but worth the time. I found it interesting to watch him work out all the details of his project. Watch this first part then if still interested look him up on YouTube to see how it came out.
https://youtu.be/f4kCzoXZvK4

Pretty cool Tom , thanks for posting it. I like this kind of diy improvisation. It shows what can be done with a little Thomas Edison approach of 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.

I had a chuckle, to myself when the guy holding the frame at the end bursts out with a somewhat shy yippee.

Cool video, Tom. Years ago I had a friend who owned a Ford Pinto chassis that had been converted into a sawmill. This was before I had the interest and knowledge I have now in regards to woodworking, so I don't really know any details other than it had what looked like about a 36" diameter blade on it. (Never did get to see it running.)

That is downright neat! Now I ain't saying but I am. If I tried to make one of those, it would probably blow up on me. No telling what would happen. Soooo I'm gonna leave that kinda project along. I know. No guts no glory. But I can do without that glory stuff.

Cool video, Tom. Years ago I had a friend who owned a Ford Pinto chassis that had been converted into a sawmill. This was before I had the interest and knowledge I have now in regards to woodworking, so I don't really know any details other than it had what looked like about a 36" diameter blade on it. (Never did get to see it running.)

Did it run out of power doing up-hill cuts? :)

Did it run out of power doing up-hill cuts? :)
Nah, he only used it on level ground. But eventually he accidentally ran into the back of it with his loader and the dang thing blew up! :rofl: