Accident!!!

Thank you one and all for everything. I am down and will be benched for about six months. The contractor I was subbing to at the time says he will have work for me when I am ready. So now it just heal up and keep the wolves at bay.
If any of you don't disability insurance I suggest you buytoday. Don't be tough like me and think it's not needed,:doh::doh:

Would the Admin. consider making this a "sticky post" to be certain all get to view it? I can't find a way to report and ask the Admin.!

Done. :thumb:

By the way, if anyone ever needs to get in touch with an Admin feel free to PM either Darren Wright, Brent Dowell, or me. Or all three of us. ;)

If any of you don't disability insurance I suggest you buytoday. Don't be tough like me and think it's not needed,:doh::doh:

Last year got through all of their tests to make sure my arm wouldn't constitute "a pre-existing condition". Things got tight. Eventually made it through it. Lots of things didn't get done and are now finally back on the front burner making it to the list of things to get accomplished. Be sure not to try to rush the healing. Do what the docs say. Short term gains will bite you later harder than if you follow their more relaxed regime. Praying for all of your family buddy!

last i heard was the financial part of this was still a major obstiical so if anyone here knows of a way to help them out in this it would be very much appreciated,, some organization or church what ever..

I'd assume that he should qualify for SS disability benefits due to his injuries at least temporarily, so may be worth checking into that. There may be some state benefits he could qualify for if he's been paying into unemployment as well. I don't want a discussion on politics, just making sure these get mentioned. None of the options sound glamorous, but that is why we pay into them. Options like bankruptcy to save your home until one gets on their feet again are also worth considering.

Home from the hospital well got home Friday. Now it's sit around and do nothing until the 15th when I have my next DR visit hopefully at that time they green light me to walk. Thank god my wife has really good insurance to cover most of the medical stuff. ($149,000 just for my 3 day stay in ICU) But being out of work is going to make the household budget very tight for the next 6 or so months. Trying to come up with some work that I can do sitting at my desk. Plan take offs, design, anything thing at all really.
Darren it looks like SS is out from what the web sight says. I had some lawyer type tell me the could get me on it and I may just let them try. But the payout could be 5 to 6 months down the road.

Darren it looks like SS is out from what the web sight says. I had some lawyer type tell me the could get me on it and I may just let them try. But the payout could be 5 to 6 months down the road.

Well, maybe worth a shot to cover some expenses later. Dunno if unemployment for your state can help you, but worth checking on it too. Glad your home and on the heal. :wave:

Update Dr visit today exrays show I bent the screw in the back of my pelvis. But all of the bones are lined up and in place where they belong. So the Dr thinks that it will be ok. He has given me the green light to start walking and I go to my first pool therapy Monday. So the light has been light at the end of this tunnel,:thumb::thumb:

Update Dr visit today exrays show I bent the screw in the back of my pelvis. But all of the bones are lined up and in place where they belong. So the Dr thinks that it will be ok. He has given me the green light to start walking and I go to my first pool therapy Monday. So the light has been light at the end of this tunnel,:thumb::thumb:

glad you got a green light for your tunnel ride but next time eat more prunes so you dont bend any more screws:)

Lol Larry u sharp as a nail. Great joke.
Great news Chuck enjoy the pool work. Time to get off your backside and do some work again learning to walk.[emoji106][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk