Mini Router Table Quicky

Stuart Ablett

e294049c2ea41a228dde5a0001997c3c.jpg

I'm working on some stuff for the Liquor shop, we got a bunch of new shelving for displaying tobbaco products. They are supposed to be behind the counter, out of reach of the customer, but we have to put them on the counter, because of space limitations. The problem is they will be VERY easy to steal from. I'm making some flip up doors and some flip up box tops, I know it does not make sense at the moment, pics will follow.
I've not really worked much with Plexiglass, and glueing it is kind of a Bugaboo for me. The edge off the tablesaw is too rough, so I have to set up my router table like a mini jointer. Well one of the problems with having your router table in the wing of your table saw is you cannot easily go from one machine to the other. To solve this I banged together a small router table using an old router table plate I have that is mounted on a router I don't use much. It may not be pretty but it should work. Took me just over an hour, worth the time I think.
Cheers

Sent from my WAS-LX2J using Tapatalk

1db01fef4c272e9844e6a058ddad9b7e.jpg

A very simple fence.
I took my hand plane and planed the infeed side of the fence a few times to make this setup a mini jointer.

f94d5403c1dc21ba6e7aa78f2c5580fb.jpg

A very smooth edge perfect for gluing.

Last edited:
fe3bcae72902bd36537325eb71acd317.jpg

58270fd7f3089373d0caa5f109f4cc32.jpg

Ok, here are the shelves in the shop, as you can see it would be very easy to steal from these shelves.

You can see the one shelf I put a prototype door on. I put a small bell on it do that when you open the door the bell rings, but on further consultation with my wife, I'm thinking of electrical switches, with a chime and a light that turns on when a door is opened.

8ab92c0b0ca0a1804b511ee06933a82e.jpg
73cf4c81716d392740ff820dc0ad88f2.jpg

The top shelves are stepped and open, so I made a box like lid, lots of small pieces, and side pieces with the angled cut, I had to make a jig on my tablesaw.

da73d8a4cfca475a640f9aa823ee97b4.jpg

f4ea08500f708022fc4e8b0494f3dec0.jpg

I think it worked out OK.
Far from perfect, I'm still a newbie at this stuff.
I just have to make three more.
Cheers

That came out very nice. :thumb: Seeing that pipe tobacco display gave me some fond memories. It's been almost fifty years since I ditched the habit. What happens when you catch someone with sticky fingers?

Cool enclosure, i think the shoppers drug mart near me has a bing bing like you talking about on their razor blades given the size and value.

My suggestion is consider looking for reed switches and small neo magnet that can be stud no you door somewhere. Then if you get real smart lol wire the reed switches into an arduino and hook up to a display. Make a small bit if code that will latch the activation and translate switch number and display what's in the at the cashier. This way whoever is at cashier has heads up on which bin is being opened. Not hard to do. Reed switch removes the reliability factor of things like micro switches that have moving parts besides the actual switch. Easy to mount with some hotmelt.

Looks good, Stu. :thumb: I like your mini router table, too. I knew there was a reason why I should save that spare plate and Porter Cable 690 base. Glad I did. ;)

Yeah, that stuff does need extra security. I decided to start smoking my pipes occasionally. Very occasionally, but I went into the tobacconist's and ordered a package of Sail. He rang it up at $28.00. I told him to forget it. He keeps his behind the counter. He apologized about the price. It's mostly tax, too.

Yeah, that stuff does need extra security. I decided to start smoking my pipes occasionally. Very occasionally, but I went into the tobacconist's and ordered a package of Sail. He rang it up at $28.00. I told him to forget it. He keeps his behind the counter. He apologized about the price. It's mostly tax, too.

Sail and Flying Dutchman were my favorites, but $28 would make me think twice. What made me kick the habit was watching my grandfather die of mouth cancer at a young age after years of pipe smoking. Every time I go fishing the urge comes back and is hard to resist. That pipe smoke seemed to keep the mosquitoes at bay and attracted some very nice fish...and ladies.:)