Topsy 3 Organ - Laser Build

GlockActuator.jpgGlockActuator-1.jpg
I ordered some solenoids from ebay. I'm going to start work on developing a solenoid operated glock.
IMG_0032.jpgIMG_0033.jpgIMG_0034.jpgIMG_0035.jpg
I received a calf skin hide a couple of days ago. I started to make the leather parts for the bellows.
IMG_0038.jpgIMG_0039.jpgIMG_0041.jpg
I bought a wiper motor and speed control from ebay.
https://youtu.be/D8kvEIgNDvw
IMG_0027.jpg

And I made a couple of pipes in my spare time.

The solenoids for the glock came in the mail yesterday.
IMG_0045.jpgIMG_0046.jpg
GlockActuator-2.JPGGlockActuator-1.jpg

I'm going to order a glock from ebay. The one I have sounds dull & flat.

Attachments

• IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
After thinking about it for a couple of weeks, I decided to see if I could build a mitered pipe
I drew up what I hoped would be a satisfactory mitered pipe.

miterpipe 003.jpgmiterpipe 002.jpgmiterpipe 001.jpg

I made up a 22.5 and a 45 degree sanding fixture for my belt sander.

miter 003.jpgmiter 002.jpg

I used the miter fixtures on the belt sander to miter all of the parts requiring mitering.

miter 005.jpgmiterpipe 004.jpgmiter 001.jpgmiter 004.jpgmiter 006.jpg

Using the fixture and belt sander turned out better than I thought it would.

Very nice Bill. Just make sure you have enough pipe length after the miter to allow the stopper to be at it's proper position. Don't ask how I know this. :bang:. Anyway, your pipes have very nice tight fitting joints. Should work well.

Thanks Tom. I have a pipe that I cut off twice and it's still too short.
pipes 001.jpg

I have w whole box of pipes that didn't make the grade.

pipes 002.jpg

However, I do have a few that I will be able to use.

pipes 003.jpg

Jay,
Have you tried the birch plywood that they have at Home Depot and Lowes? The 1/4" is actually .2 or a little less. It's just the right size for making pipes and the price at $25 for a 4 X 8 is right. I have them cut it up in usable pieces for the laser so I don't have to cut it up at home.

I cut a little of it the other day it worked OK I use Baltic Birch ply for everything its a much higher grade ply and I am lucky enough to have a Wholesaler just a few miles down the road. They come in 5' x5' sheets and run about $10/sheet with tax for 1/8" and that is what I build my pipes out of.

Bill I used the Plastic tubes that are used to hook up toilets it is a lot stiffer and wont turn yellow and get oily like that PVC tube will and it will last for ever the PVC wont. After building the first 2 Senior 20s and then a Universal using that stuff I will NEVER use that crap again only rubber tubing.

After working on a snare drum beater and glockenspiel, I think I finally got something that may work.
It took two solenoids, a relay, a diode, and an arduino board. Plus several failed attempts.

IMG_0082.jpg

I am now working on a more compact unit. When finished, I should be able to use the same unit for both the drums and glockenspiel.