Flag Cases

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I just finished 13 of these. Four are for family but the other nine are all going up for sale. Woods are gummy cherry, maple, birds eye maple, QSWO, and walnut. These were kind of fun to build, sepecially those steep miters.

DSC_0029.jpgDSC_0026 (2).jpgDSC_0032_edited.jpgDSC_0036.jpgDSC_0037_edited.jpgDSC_0041_edited.jpgDSC_0049_edited.jpgDSC_0051_edited.jpg

very crisp miters, sir..I finished one for my BIL, a week ago..I cheated, and used the 'easy miter' method..maybe next time;)

Very nice Rennie. Need to get Brent going on the one for my dad's flag (hint hint)
I can send you my plans. :wave:

Made several of those myself sometime age. Those miters can be tricky. Flags aren't going with the case are they?
David
Nope. These are sized for memorial flags. The flag pictured was for Jan's father. That case is going to her son.

Well, this was never the intention, but, you might say, nothing is ever a coincidence. When I built all these cases I had planned on giving 2 away as gifts, and keeping two for myself (my mom who is 95 and served in the marines, and my late wife who served in the Air Force). Turn out I'll need to keep one more.

I received word yesterday that a very close friend in my teenage years passed away unexpectedly yesterday from a heart attack. He was one year younger than I. We were thick as thieves in our high school days and he was the drummer in our band. I recently made contact with him (actually his sister) after nearly 50 years. I had wanted to visit with him this past summer to talk about old times, but he had a long history of alcohol and drug abuse and was living on government assistance. His sister acted as liaison and tried to set up a meeting but she said he was too embarrassed about what he had done with his life to meet with me. She assured me that she would continue to try and maybe next year... Well, next year will not come.

He was a Vietnam era vet and I will be gifting a flag case to his sister on behalf of myself and the other members of the band. Tomorrow is not promised. Maybe I should have just shown up on his doorstep.

Sultans retouch.jpg

Ah man what a story. Sorry for your loss Rennie, i know exactly how this feels have had a very similar experience in my case my friend got sucked into hard drugs. Just like Bill said live each day to the fullest.
I am reminded of this each time i use Pauls drill press.

Btw nice band photo and what Sultans of Swing ??? Lol

Can u still play and do you.

Has me thinking we need another Burning Woods get together before we all in wheel chairs. We got a few guitarists but where are the drummers. I would offer to play mouth organ but i think even the cats would complain.

Maybe Vaughn and his gadgets would fill in where instruments are needed.

Did i hear someone say Larry was a drummer at high school or is that the start of fake news. 😉

Last edited: