Pecan Cupcake/Dispaly Stand

Dave Hoskins

OK. First of all, I didn't have any cupcakes to take the photos with. Probably a good idea as nothing would get done if I had some. :rofl: This is the first cupcake stand I have ever done. I had done lots of larger cake stands, so I have no idea why I have done any of these. I burned some lines in the base for decorative purposes. The wood was sealed with walnut oil and I used a walnut oil based wax for the finish. The top is 8 1/2" in diameter and the base is 3 3/4" in diameter. The height is 2 3/4". I figger I will do some more of these from other woods as well as pecan and see what happens with them.
SDP50.jpgSDP50A.jpgSDP50B.jpgSDP50C.jpgSDP50D.jpgSDP50E.jpg

Perfection .... I don't know why I've never thought of something like that... would do well at my market place.

Do you mind if I try to copy... can't do it in Pecan, but I have plenty of walnut and hackberry, maybe some cherry and sycamore.

Go for it, Chuck! Copy anything I do that you want. Never claimed to have a copyright on anything. I do these out of pecan, red oak, cottonwood and elm. Not particularly fast sellers but they do sell.

Thanks, Vaughn! Glad you liked it. I was ripping a large cottonwood log down with the 880 today and when I was starting it back up, I forgot to push the compression release button down. Not sure, but I think I jerked my teeth out, shoulder and elbow out of socket and in general created massive body aches! :eek: