How do you store your drills

Tom Baugues

When not using your drill, how do you store it? Hang it on the wall? Lay it in a drawer? Leave it laying on the bench? Or do you have some other unique way to store it/them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I keep mine up and out of the way, but within easy reach as I stand facing my workbench. (The drill is pointing at my workbench.)

A590_1895_HeadRoom_DrillDriver_1.jpg

This 9.6V unit was recently replaced by a slightly smaller 20V Bauer model from HF, which now hangs happily in the same spot.

EDIT: I forgot that I even had this accompanying picture.

A590_1896_HeadRoom_DrillDriver_2.jpg

Last edited:
You guys are all so neat and organized.... I'm more like Fred, where ever I had it last.... I like to play BUTTON, BUTTON, WHO'S GOT THE BUTTON :D:D

I use it most often at the lathe to attach face plates, so mostly it sits on the table saw just behind me at the lathe.

Wow! Some of you guys are really organized. At best, the hand tools in my shop are organized chaos. I am like Fred and Chuck. I'm gonna find them where they were used last. One is always used at the lathe so it's always very close by cuz I don't move the lathe around. The other one is anybody's guess and any moment in time.

I am like Fed except in winter they travel with their batteries from shop to house in a Milwaukee tool bag. Don't let the batteries live in - temps in shop during winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most tools are left where I last used them, but I do have to clean up once in a while so into the cabinet. The drill is almost always left sitting out. My shop is such a mess that often I find it hard to fine stuff. Just take a look!IMG_1417.jpgIMG_1418.jpgIMG_1419.jpg