Finally took the plunge

Rob Keeble

Well i finally took the plunge and pulled the trigger on two new systems.

First i ordered and waiting for delivery of a Creality CR 10 3D printer. Its a little bigger than what some of you have and its based on aluminum rails.

Comes way more assembled and with stand alone controller with display, so i am hoping (fingers crossed) that its a little more debugged since i held out this long to join the 3D printing community. I have some simple but specific project needs for this machine, hope it works out.

Given my last venture with grown plastic parts was experiencing the incredible benefits of steriolithography where model is grown in a bath of resin.

Then yesterday Carbide 3D really baited me. Not that i needed the extra push.

I was instrumental in getting them to announce their black friday deal a week or so ago.

That did it for me. Free shipping in USA and free router (Dewalt or Makita)
Then yesterday they recognised their neighbors to the North would also like to get in on the deal and they opened up the free shipping to Canada too.

So my XXL Shapeoko 3 is currently being built and will soon be on its way to me.
Its going to be a great learning holiday season and winter for me.
Hope my brain plays along i have a great deal to learn and i just hope it sticks.

Guess the metal lathe will have to take a back seat for now. Lol

Build posts will follow. Wish me luck i need it.

Lifes too short for a guy like me to miss out on a hands on experience of this tech.

WOW Rob, That's a whole lot of learning there.

I don't think I will go into the 3D printing, I just have enough on my plate with what I have

The CNC Router is a world of opportunity. I cannot wait to see what you create with it.

You will love both of those new technologies.

Congratulations

3D printer AND CNC routing all at the same time.

You're going to be a busy guy this winter!

Congratulations Rob, I know you've been wanting these for a long time. Have fun with them!

We'll be here to offer whatever meager help we can!

Congratulations Rob. Learning curve may be steep but once you understand how to make your machine follow your commands the sky is the limit. It will be fun to watch your projects as they develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro