It's Friday At Last!

Dave Hoskins

I hope all had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. For once I did not eat too much. Took a lot of willpower but I managed it. Turned down all kinds of deserts. Wow! Going to do mainly some cleanup in the shop today and then get back to work tomorrow.

I'm in my shop now (Friday) to finish installing a new front vise on my bench, then will work on my walnut slabs.

Saturday will be more on some final steps (hopefully) on my big walnut slab and a bit of cleanup.

Sunday will be much the same as usual with me preparing brunch, then going through NASCAR withdrawal!

I hope all of our southern friends had a nice Thanksgiving and are now well into a pleasant long weekend.

It’s a beautiful, blue sky day in Nova Scotia, about +2C and a light breeze. Perfect for outdoor work. I, however, am boarding a plane for one more work trip. It’s pretty well all work, but we keep our eyes peeled for interesting sights along the way. Might find an hour to visit a Baumarkt and see how it compares to Super Viva :D

Been smoking a turkey a good part of the day, almost done. Mostly hanging out with the grandson outside, been a breezy 73 here today. Spending time with more family tomorrow and Sunday. Hoping to get another coat of mud done in the laundry room so I can get my parking back in the shop where its cabinets are sitting.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Happy long weekend to most of you working guys out there. :thumb: The rest of my support team (and many of my "clients") have the day off today, so I'm the skeleton crew today. Fortunately it's slow work-wise and I'm doing it from home in between other things like web browsing, lol.

Later this afternoon, LOML and I are heading to the Rio Grande Arts & Crafts Festival. It's a big one every year, with a lot of non-local vendors.

Saturday and Sunday are still pretty open for me. I hope to get a few things moved into the shop from storage. I'm finally at the point now where I can start mapping out the electrical and air line work I need to do to get things up and running.

Got to meet with a client in the am, not usual for me to work Sat , but hoping to get to go fishing on Sunday. Still after an elusive Steelhead. Need my luck to change.
Monday got to go pic up my 3D printer in US. And hopefully pick up some steel for a shapeoko table. ;)

Over Thanksgiving I've been learning how to clean up Coleman "dual fuel" appliances (2-burner stove, lantern, backpacking stove) that have been sitting for too long with unleaded gasoline in them.

Did OK with the backpacking stove, and was almost done with the lantern when I overheated the jet from the end of the generator while holding it by the threads with needle nose pliers. Sigh ... the threaded section was deformed (squished) enough that I couldn't screw it back into the generator.

I'm trying to think of it as a $13 lesson from the School of Hard Knocks...