Thanks to Dave...

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
After watch Mr. Hawksford do his magic for so long, it's the little details I notice now days.

One of the founders of our institute had donated a Steinway piano for use in our library. I stopped by to take in the glory of this masterpiece and notice something didn't look quite perfect.

2017-11-29 13.18.45.jpg

What looks like shadows there on the gold frame is a little bit of black overspray from when they masked for the medallion inside. I'm guessing this was a refinished piano as I couldn't see Steinway allowing that to leave the factory that way at the price they charge for them.

Nonetheless, it's a beautiful piano, and can connect to it via bluetooth to have it play thousands of songs.

Edit: Looking like it may be new, the Steinway Spiro, the larger one... https://www.steinway.com/buy-spirio

Last edited:
After watch Mr. Hawksford do his magic for so long, it's the little details I notice now days.

One of the founders of our institute had donated a Steinway piano for use in our library. I stopped by to take in the glory of this masterpiece and notice something didn't look quite perfect.

View attachment 101184

What looks like shadows there on the gold frame is a little bit of black overspray from when they masked for the medallion inside. I'm guessing this was a refinished piano as I couldn't see Steinway allowing that to leave the factory that way at the price they charge for them.

Nonetheless, it's a beautiful piano, and can connect to it via bluetooth to have it play thousands of songs.

Edit: Looking like it may be new, the Steinway Spiro, the larger one... https://www.steinway.com/buy-spirio

An eye for detail!

What kind of institute are you associated with that has people donate $120,000 pianos to use in the library?

One with Very, very wealthy founders.

Great eye for detail Darren. Wow is all i will say about the piano. I guess rich have no time to learn to play. Wonder what one of the classical composers would say if they could see this piano.

Thanks Darren ! I have 2 Pianos coming in the shop after the 1sy of the year. Player & an Upright both with heavy smoke and water stains from an intense fire.

Darren did you tell them you can remove the black over spray ? Or they can send me a ticket and I'll come out and do the job :)

Thanks Darren ! I have 2 Pianos coming in the shop after the 1sy of the year. Player & an Upright both with heavy smoke and water stains from an intense fire.

Darren did you tell them you can remove the black over spray ? Or they can send me a ticket and I'll come out and do the job :)

Ha, well, while I'm sure I could remove it, I won't be within 10' of it after finding out that it was a $120k. I haven't heard if they are having Steinway come back to look at it or not, but I'll let them know you'd be happy to do the cleanup. ;)