Friday, A Great Day!

Dave Hoskins

'Tis another Friday. Today I will get some shop time in after I make a couple of supply runs. Need more chains for the saws as well as sharpening stones. Already did the online supply ordering; walnut oil, wax, etc.. Already have some blanks cut out so it's time to do some more roughing out. Tomorrow going to help sort out a friends problem on how to put a new bed in his 4 wheel Toro thing. It's not an ATV. Bigger than those. I ain't sure what you call it but it has around a 4' wide by 5' long bed with a tailgate. Not bad for his ranching purposes. But, he has no clue how to do something like that so he always brings it up here to me.

Nothing tonight. Tomorrow is Lou's birthday so kids are all coming for supper and then we are going to a small town that provide electrical hookups for all the houses that decorate with lights. It is amazing. Will be fun with all the grandkids. Will be cutting more firewood tomorrow, have a dead standing tree to take down. Makes me a little hesitant, but hopefully this time tomorrow it is down and we are putting it in wagons.

Tonight will be working on parts for another 3d printer, have a table full of parts printing today. Also will get another coat of mud on the laundry room walls. I've got a yard full of oak leaves, so if the wind cooperates, I'll be chopping them up sometime this weekend. If the wind doesn't cooperate, hopefully it blows it all to the neighbors yard. ;)

Got everything moved yesterday. The new place is a mess! Have two people coming today to pickup two of my storage sheds. Only one left. Doing the first on the month stuff today. Usually have that done by now but moving disrupts the regular schedule. And I quit my day job today.

CPAP fitting today and Christmas lights and puttering for the rest of the weekend. Gearing up to do some thermoplastic vacuum forming next week.

Carol, I saw what you did there. Sending some positive energy your way.

Looks like Saturday will be a mix of adding to the outdoor Christmas decorations, installing new firmware on my guitar rig, and more garage stuff shuffling. I had an electrician out last weekend to look over what I need done to get tools up and running in the shop...hopefully he'll be getting it done one day next week.

Sunday morning I'll be heading out to the range with my shooting club. This time I'll be assisting the leader by working directly with a family of new shooters while the others are doing more advanced drills. Sunday afternoon is my company Christmas party, so LOML and I will be making an appearance there.

Carol, congrats on completing the move, and best of success in your next endeavor, whatever that may be. :thumb:

Carol, you'll get the move completed soon - just take a few deep breaths along the way. It took us a year to get through all of the boxes we packed for our move 11.5 years ago!

Shop time today, as most days - retirement is great! Did another finish step on my walnut slab; hope to wrap that up soon but haven't been totally satisfied yet. Also ran some Christmas stuff on my CNC by request from my sister.

Saturday will be a bit more on some of the walnut slab projects. Got the drawers assembled and sealed, so they're ready to mount.

Sunday will be our usual routine with me preparing brunch, then being lazy the remainder of the day.

Beautiful weather expected here for the weekend. Not so much next week.

Probably starting a new project in the shop - not sure what yet. Some kind of clock probably.

Found a new lumber supply close to me - Amish gent, does all his own milling and kiln drying - super prices and a lot of different woods, some I've never seen or even heard of.

Got a order for several cutting boards, so look in design and wood supply. Looks like good weather so play in shop and yard. Maybe make a trip to lumber mill.
Carol enjoy your "new" retirement. Still keep your hand in.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend.

David