good dog

Frank Fusco

I was visiting a good friend, nicknamed "Hawk", recently in Eureka Springs (Arkansas) who has a large shop. Technically, he isn't a 'woodworker' even though he does work in wood to an extent. He is a master builder of old style muzzle loading firearms. Big shop, three machinist lathes, different sizes. Buncha other strange tools he has made himself. Mostly when working on the (wood) stock of a gun it is all hand work to shape, carve, sand, finish, inlay, etc. Doing that requires a lot of concentration. At least to get the museum quality results he does. Well, Hawk has this dog. Just a medium sized mutt. Calls it "Bear". Stranger trys to come in house he goes wild. Friends get licked. Well, when my friend is in his shop and wife trys to come in, Bear stops her at the door. No way, no how is she going to get past. Hawk can continue working without distraction. Or visit, like we were doing, without interruption. I think that is a good dog. Told my wife about Bear. She didn't think that was funny at all. I think it's hilarious.;)

well my dog webster, was that way as well only in the reverse:eek: :eek: the darn thing wouldnt let me in the house wanted a piece of me the first time i saw him... he is lucky to be here today!!!! but now he has learned i am a ok fellar:thumb: and am the boss when she isnt there:rofl:

I am all for mans best friend & really like dogs.

"Well, when my friend is in his shop and wife tries to come in, Bear stops her at the door. No way, no how is she going to get past."

That is funny in 1 way & not so funny in another.

What if your friend some how got hurt in the shop & needed his wife or paramedics to come in the shop to help him? Not so funny now is it? I think I'd some how retrain the dog to go get help if needed. Then the dog would really be his masters best friend.

I am all for mans best friend & really like dogs.

"Well, when my friend is in his shop and wife tries to come in, Bear stops her at the door. No way, no how is she going to get past."

That is funny in 1 way & not so funny in another.

What if your friend some how got hurt in the shop & needed his wife or paramedics to come in the shop to help him? Not so funny now is it? I think I'd some how retrain the dog to go get help if needed. Then the dog would really be his masters best friend.

If friend, Hawk, isn't working or visiting, the dog pays her no mind. Go figger. :huh:

I had a dog like that. It was a blue-tick mix and had a few "issue's" with pepole. He would let anyone in if I was home, but if I was out and someone ttreid getting when wife was alone the dog would go crazy. The strangest thing was it would not let any move around the house without trying to rip them apart. One other "issue" was water. He would stand out in the rain and growl at the water comeing out of the down spouts.:dunno: At night he would chase is shadow around the yard or house and attack it.:eek: He had to be put down after he went after the neighbor.