Question to those of u with a Shapeoko

Rob Keeble

As some know i have just received my Shapeoko XXL kit. Well first instruction Carbide 3D has is check inventory and report any shortages.
I did that immediately i got it which was Tuesday.
Sent an email with clear info.
No reply wed.
Send another on wed .
No reply Thursday.
Now i am getting cheesed off.
Tried calling but they close 3Pm pacific. Guess surfs up so they gone to beach.

Can anyone tell me if they had better experience with these guys.

Was figuring that by now they would have their support worked out and hey i understand they just had black Friday sale but man a shortage in a kit should get some priority even if its just to say buddy we heard you, we messed up, and we taking care of it. Or we waiting on a part from our supplier.

Not the way to start a relationship, they need a lesson in sales.
Maybe i should offer them some coaching.

Sale actually really only starts when you deliver the item. How a corporation handles things from their make or break their future with a customer.

I am not usually a whiner about stuff like this, i have always had pretty good luck but if the Chinese can get a $300 kit to me all the way from China and not be missing anything, and supply a few spares in case, gosh you think this $1700 dollar kit could be put together with diligence in the USA and shipped across the border.

Well looks like things changed along the way and its now a corporation called Carbide 3D. Thanks guys for feed back.
I wait and see what happens tomorrow.
Will try call them again when i get a chance tomorrow.

Would not have been on any other day.lol

They came back to me last night and they shipping the missing bits USPS tomorrow . Well between Canada post and USPS that will be like waiting for a milk train lol. At least they on their way.

Good that they took care of you Rob. I've noticed that shipments are starting to see delays on all carriers and many retailers for me by a day or two, both on the shipping end and the delivery sides, I'm sure they are just overwhelmed with orders at this point.

Well looks like things changed along the way and its now a corporation called Carbide 3D. Thanks guys for feed back.
I wait and see what happens tomorrow.
Will try call them again when i get a chance tomorrow.

Inventables is still Inventables.

Carbide 3D is a different group.

Inventables sold the Shapeoko products until they developed their own line. About the time Shapeoko 3 was offered, Inventables introduced their X-Carve system.

Yeah Bill i think there was some sort of parting ways between two original guys.
Well parcel is on its way so all's well.
Its the norm for Keebles to have things go wrong, i call it keebelitis.
Lol.