can you say cabin fever is setting in?

Dan Noren

Staff member
looks like cabin fever is setting in already my friends. i'm gonna be so busy when the shop opens up next spring....

Attachments

• 55 coupe.jpg
    55 coupe.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 28
  • crappie.jpg
    crappie.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 25
  • army.jpg
    army.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 57 nomad.jpg
    57 nomad.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 57 coupe.jpg
    57 coupe.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 56 nomad.jpg
    56 nomad.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 56 coupe.jpg
    56 coupe.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 55 nomad.jpg
    55 nomad.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 26
and a few more....

Attachments

• uscg.jpg
    uscg.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 11
  • usaf.jpg
    usaf.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 12
  • sunfish.jpg
    sunfish.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 12
  • northern.jpg
    northern.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 14
  • muskie.jpg
    muskie.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 12
  • mn star.jpg
    mn star.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 13
  • mn seal.jpg
    mn seal.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 12
  • lm bass.jpg
    lm bass.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 15
and a few more, lol....

Attachments

• wisconsin.jpg
    wisconsin.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 18
  • wine 4.JPG
    wine 4.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 18
  • wine 3.JPG
    wine 3.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 17
  • wine 2.JPG
    wine 2.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 17
  • wine 1.JPG
    wine 1.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 14
  • walleye.jpg
    walleye.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 14
  • usn.jpg
    usn.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 15
  • usmc.jpg
    usmc.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 15
Even in blizzard you really manage to keep busy. Those cribbage boards are really nice. What wood are they?
Still don't believe you sleep.
David

We just got our first really cold week here, but looks like it will be warming back to the 50's next week. Hopefully some of that will come your way to give you a day or two here and there.

Designs look great. You need to consider getting a 3d printer to fill some of your winter time. ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb: And actuality I can't do either one Vaughn. That pesky broken right arm doen't have the strength to hold or open the chainmail rings. :thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl:

the pegs and mini magnets arrived the other day. i'm happy with them. the mini magnets will be used to keep the cover for the peg storage in place. also, up to 13 boards worth of red oak odds and ends.

Attachments

• 001 new pegs and mini magnets.JPG
    001 new pegs and mini magnets.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
there has also been a change to the car boards. out of curiosity, i wanted to see what they would look like if, instead of the lettering engraved, what they would look like if it was ever so shallowly pocketed around the car, and the lettering. i wound up liking this way even better.

Attachments

• original 57 nomad board.jpg
    original 57 nomad board.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 11
  • 57 nomad test.jpg
    57 nomad test.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 11
You don't even know what cabin fever is LOL I have only been home a week and am going stir crazy:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reading that caused me to reflect back a year after the surgery to remove a tumor from my spinal cord. We still didn't know if I would ever get out of the wheelchair. The VA kept me two months in the long term care ward while I underwent recovery and rehab. Those dull green walls and the brick wall that was the view from my room window and the confinement was, at best, very depressing. Stir crazy? No. But still difficult. I only survived mentally because I forced myself to do my rehab and by viewing the other vets in that ward who were much worse off than me. Recently, while seeing one of the VA docs for a routine follow-up I began describing how sad it was that many of those in the ward with me would be there for years or the rest of their lives. I completely broke down and cried like a baby at my sadness for them and my gratefulness for the good care I received and my recovery. Point of this story is to hang in there, keep going and be grateful for what you still have, even if it is not 100% of your former self. FWIW, I'm about 90% or more my former self and today am bemoaning the fact my shop is still too cold to work in. So, I'm here with y'all.:)

with the new spindle, and mounting bracket, i've had to rethink how i was going to mount the laser. it seems that luck has stopped by this way. with the new bracket having three pre-tapped holes on the side opposite the side that secures the spindle in the mount. after a bit of thought (thus complicating matters), the easiest way, was the way that works best. a 2" x 2" bit of 90 degree aluminum angle stock, with holes drilled to mount on the spindle mount, makes the 90 degree turn across the front of the spindle mount, where a couple of holes will be drilled to mount the laser.

Attachments

• new spindle bracket.jpg
    new spindle bracket.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 11
with the new spindle, and mounting bracket, i've had to rethink how i was going to mount the laser. it seems that luck has stopped by this way. with the new bracket having three pre-tapped holes on the side opposite the side that secures the spindle in the mount. after a bit of thought (thus complicating matters), the easiest way, was the way that works best. a 2" x 2" bit of 90 degree aluminum angle stock, with holes drilled to mount on the spindle mount, makes the 90 degree turn across the front of the spindle mount, where a couple of holes will be drilled to mount the laser.

That may work for you, I did something similar with the 2w laser I put on mine and it caused it to be a bit heavy hanging out that far from the carriage and the laser shook a lot making the engraving very wiggly and inaccurate. I had better luck with it being mounted closer to the carriage. YMMV. :wave:

the aluminum angle stock showed up the other day, and this last friday, picked up the last of the needed red oak. now i have enough for the 60 boards. now i have to start gathering the walnut, maple, and cherry for another 8 end grain cutting boards....