Friday-Hello Friday!

Dave Hoskins

Had a short conversation with my big buck Fred this morning while feeding the wild critters and he said it was chilly. Well, it is. I show it to be 27 which is not cold, but chilly. Not exactly my idea of cut offs and t shirt weather. But, that's OK. It is December. Have more orders to ship out later this morning and more shop time. Same the next several days as far as I know right now. My girlfriend keeps asking me what I plan on doing next Friday and I honestly tell her I ain't got a clue because I don't plan that far ahead. Don't have to anymore and I ain't gonna.

14 degrees real, 4 degrees with the wind chill this morning. Been a busy week, have all of Fina's kids tomorrow and tomorrow night so trust me, "I'll be busy!!!". Sunday, RECUPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!! All of you be safe with all of the weather the world is having.

PLAY TIME

I will be playing with the laser this week end.

I will also be playing with CNC router.

All the other tools too.

LED lights
Cherry
Maple
Baltic Birch
Acrylic
Construction Paper
Poster Board
Some CAD
Some CAM
Painting
Glitter
Deft Lacquer

Ugh - but first - I NEED to un-bury my snow blower and bring it up to the shop
Snow forecast for Saturday.

Well, we're gonna get a taste of Winter this weekend which is, of course, relative. We hit 80° on Wednesday - forecast high today is 45° - lows over the weekend around 30°. Yeah, yeah . . . I know.

I'm in my shop today (Friday). In amongst my other projects, LOML bought another Edison Diamond Disc record player that is in bad shape. I've been getting the motor running a bit better but it still needs some work. The cabinet is fairly solid but needed a piece added to the back trim to get the lid hinges re-mounted securely. Anyway, it's a nice diversion.

Later today, I'll do more sanding on my walnut slab project. Hopefully, I'll be satisfied with the finish this time around!!!

Saturday will be a little more of the same.

With a little luck, Sunday will be a total chill-out day after I prepare brunch for us.

It's the start of the holiday season, so taking the Grandson to see Santa tonight, have the institute's holiday party this weekend, and biggest celebration is my wife's 21st annual 29th birthday party! ;) :b-day_cake:
url
fire-extinguisher_.png

Should have more parts for the new 3d printer arriving too, so will be some progress on it as I can.

The cold weather hit us here, too. Today is supposed to be warmer than yesterday, and I think the warming trend is supposed to continue through the weekend. No snow here in town yet, but the mountains to the east got a dusting last night.

I'll be starting the weekend with our monthly stop at the Dragonhorn Tavern tonight. I think this month's promo pic is particularly lifelike, lol...

Four-Paper-Elves-Logo-1200.jpg

Saturday will be recovering from loading, unloading, loading, and unloading all my band gear on Friday night. I'm also planning to drop by a surprise birthday party Saturday afternoon. The surprise-ee is a good friend and the surprise-er is her husband, another good friend who's also the electrician who will be installing the new subpanel and circuits in my shop next Thursday. Although I'll be wishing Nadine a happy birthday, my main reason for dropping by is to give Dave some cash for materials. (How's that for a stealth gloat?) :D

Sunday I plan to do some more shop shuffling and clearing out some spaces for Dave to work in Thursday. There will probably be some sleeping late involved as well. :thumb:

There’s word of some possible winter weather (slight variation in a storm’s track can determine rain or snow here) so it’ll be indoor jobs. Pub supper tonight and then some Advent music at the church.

Sanding on cutting boards. Dumped dust collector bag and filter this pm. Wow. What a mess. Didn't realize so much saw diuest had collect. And the filter bag was a disgrace. I bet I empty this a lot sooner. Need to look at Wynn filter this spring and also separator. Not much room to fit that in. We'll see.
Cold but got to keep working on boards. Need to be delivered Tuesday or there about.
Safe and sane weekend folks. Pray for less fortunate in Calif. and the bad weather states. Seems like it nasty just about everywhere.

David

Threatening to snow tomorrow, so we are hunkering down. Puttering in the garage building a vacuum former. Maybe pick and cook up a batch of collards. They sweeten up after the cold weather sets in and are mighty tasty cooked down with a piece of smoked ham.

I think I got it. Finished up chessboard for grandson. Now family is sick with pneumonia so presenting is off for awhile. Getting colder against watch NASCAR for afternoon.
David

Attachments

• IMG_20180318_123107.jpg
    IMG_20180318_123107.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 7