Warning graphic photos from my fall "xrays"

Chuck Thoits

Here is what the damage looked like and what the doc did for the pelvis.

Attachments

• dam that hurt 2.jpg
    dam that hurt 2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 66
  • dam that hurt.jpg
    dam that hurt.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Looks like he used GRK cabinet screws to hold me togather. Hope they hold better than the GRK 5/6" X 4" did on my staging

The doctor most likely used 17-4PH stainless steel on your pelvis which is ridiculously STRONG stuff.

Your staging, even if top quality stuff did not have anything like that in it.

I would say your bionic implants make you a much stronger man.

Looks like he used GRK cabinet screws to hold me togather. Hope they hold better than the GRK 5/6" X 4" did on my staging

They look like nails from here. "...just a couple of brads to hold it in place until the glue dries." :D It's pretty amazing what ortho surgeons can do these days.

Glad they got you all reattached, Chuck. Also glad you're still here to talk about it. ;)

after while some of us will be looking for some of your east coast sarcasm:) that will be the rue sign of getting fully healed right now you have to be nice because kalea and others are in better shape than yu are:)

Well it takes more than a fall to beat a pirate. You will bounce back better than before. Lots of time to plan a new path forward make good use of it. Will keep your mind busy.

When i spent a year in hospital after a motorcycle accident, i had nurses set up a large table for me next to my bed. Actually had my dad bring my electronics gear to hospital and designed a built a few projects while in hospital. Lots one can do from a wheel chair.
We did not have Tv in hospital at that time and i am incredibly grateful we did not.
Matron was not at all happy with me after one of the nurses had given me a stainless steel bowl to use for ferric chloride to etch a pcb and when i was done the bowl was done too lol. I found out what happens when ferric chloride hits a stainless steel bowl. :)

None of this will happen today but my Matron , and Sister and Nurses all knew the merits of occupational therapy.

All that metal and you didn't ask them to put in an attachment point for fall protection? Is it too soon to chuckle?:D

Nope Ted it's not too soon. The day after it happened my viking friends started calling me Sig the crater maker.(sig being my Viking name) My home town friends started a fund raiser got them rubber band bracelets and called the fund raiser Chuck fails to fly. So I guess a fall protection joke is a welcome thing:thumb::thumb::rofl: