The Circle

Rob Keeble

Oh boy, last night Linda and i decide to watch this movie on Netflix.

Well on Black Friday i took the plunge and decided to cross the line , and ordered a Apple Iphone 7 plus from our local provider. Only costing me $129.

But after watching circle (or should i say Apple, Google, Facebook et al) i am having second thoughts. Lol

Anyone watched the show, kjnd of reminds me of when i first saw Star Trek, next minute (years later) we all carrying devices that get pretty close, no beam me up just yet Scotty but.....

Hey that circle....just look at those google fire images.....

Next i will have a bunch of crazies at my door bitcreaking out that i cut a bunch of trees down to make some tables.

Mmmhhhh lots of food for thought in that movie.

Well, Rob. I haven't watched The Circle but I am a confessed Trekkie! And, a good reason for the success of Star Trek is because Gene Roddenberry was a Texas boy, born in El Paso!

If you get an iPhone then I can teach you how to rotate your photos, lol. I don't know how to do it on an Android phone. :rofl:

Oh boy, Linda says I am a Gom. (Grumpy Old Man).

The very term designed to put one down and silence your objections or any other similar term from a objector to mass stupidity.

Finally powered up this IPhone7 last night and talk about circle.

Man I am waiting for my fancy robe to arrive so I can be a full member of the sect.

Have u guys that have these devices actually read the terms and conditions.
Circle movie is pretty mild compared to this big brother.

I got 14 days in which to have buyers remorse and return so we shall see.
Right now it's freaking me out seriously.

I think I have just seen too much in my life of a reality you guys have not witnessed. There is just way too much trust being put into the hands of these virtual cyber corporations with Questionable legal domicile. How else can you keep all your earnings offshore and out of the hands of even shareholders. Think on that one.

Now just think if you went to a store to buy food and they won't sell you any because you ain't got Apple Pay or to buy food at this or that store you got to have a heart rate of x on your apple phone app before they will let you in.

Hey all part of stores terms and conditions right, so why you objecting because it's food.?
Maybe the store did a deal with Monsanto so u can only buy certain product there. Like the Coke and no Pepsi deals or similar.
Already if u want to buy seed as a farmer you tied to a pretty closed vendor list.

Essentially no different to signing up to their services which you have no choice about if u want to use their device.

We heading for a very dark place in my view, fine and dandy while u think u can trust the organization or gov.
But ask a South African , we trusted a government and later find out they up to monkey business worse than what the Nazis practiced at Auschwitz. I rather not recount the atrocities here but if u don't believe me pm me and I will fill you in with factual US military info.

I have witnessed innocent people being taken away and return as veggies.

Sorry there has to be push back to this surrender of all rights to using a product or service.
Can you just imagine trying to take on a legal battle against a corporation of Apples size.
What legal aid law firm would even bother.

I just shudder , do you all think there are no innocent people in prison. With the info we voluntarily surrendering framing anyone of us would be a walk in the park.

Some might say well it's the best system we have right now. But what if it were You. And you had done nothing wrong.

Guess you all think it either cannot or will not happen to you.

My apologies for this post but I feel obliged to voice these concerns.

I would simply like to see accountability on their part.

I never agreed with the law suites against the tobacco companies or McDonalds for hot coffee spilling on my lap, but I am starting to "Get it" in terms of holding a corporation responsible somehow. Still think though we have a choice don't use their device if you not happy with the terms.
That's coercive selling in my view.

So what a warranty is not a warranty

Unlimited is now to mean limited

Black is now white what and red becomes green

Corporation says jump and we say how hi?

I dunno man where does this all go.....we still at the beginning of big data.

Collecting and collating every microscopic detail on you is a marketing mans dream to demographic info.

Makes a hard drug dealer look like child's play to me.

These corporations are going to own our kids minds if they don't already.

Happy GOM day. Call me nuts.

"Feed me bread and circus" .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, I was thinking about the traffic feature on Google maps on the way in to work today. Last winter or so, I went on to see how bad the highway traffic was on the way home and notice about every street was showing some congestion. That is when it hit me that they are using everyone's data plans and gps coordinates to update their traffic data. Love the feature, but hate that they use my data and info to do it, but it's in their terms/agreement. :rolleyes:

Yeah wait till Pita adopts trees and then we will become the arch enemy of the circle crowd and woodworking will be frowned on. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk