Ruckering request

Jeff Horton

I need to start with a definition first. 'Ruckering' is term used on the OWWM.com forum all the time. The founder of the owwwm.org, Keith Rucker was known for being able to get machines moved from place to place by fellow owwm guys. Someone coined the phrase Ruckering and it stuck.

For example, when I picked up my jointer there was a another jointer that needed to go to Birmingham. Since that was on my way I took the jointer to my shop which is closer and me or someone else will move (Rucker) it to Birmingham. My jointer was moved that way from Arkansas to GA.

Now, here is my request and it's a long shot. I have an OLD motor in Cushing Maine that I need to get moved this way. Going to cost way to much to have it shipped commercially. More that it will be worth once it is restored. It's a cast iron motor so it weights in at 100+ lbs probably but it doesn't take much space.

I would like to get it moving south or to St Louis. I have someone in St Louis that will bring it to my door. So that is my first choice.

Another option is Arn Fest. October 5-7, 2007 at the Illinois Railway Museum in Union, IL. Lots of OWWM guys there so it would be no problem for it to hitch a ride to St Lois or other points south.

Anyone that might could help out I would really appreciate it!
Jeff

Now thats an idea!!!

hadnt given that thought before jeff but it resembles a lathe delivery i faguly remebr:D :thumb: i jist might be bale to get some closer to me that wya huu:huh:

Larry, I am always impressed with how generous woodworkers can be. Well OWWM guys are more probably more so. Of course we understand the problems better of moving large machines than the average guy who buys new machinery. Just not the same moving a new jointer compared to a 1200# cast iron one. ;)

I am always willing to help someone if I can. Just hoping someone happens to be going the right direction because I REALLY want this motor. But it's not looking to promising to be honest.

Jeff,

Dang! I could have gotten it from connecticut to DC this last weekend. May be going back up in mid-june. Can you get it to Fairfield, CT? I know Denise sometimes drives up to the DC area, so if that works, we just got from CT to Georgia... ;)

Thanks,

Bill