Small Tool Gloat!

Sean Wright

I have been looking for a small cordless drill-driver to suppliment my 18v XPR DeWalt... basically for 2 reasons:

1. I wanted something light for putting screws in (18v to drill counter sink/pocket holes and 9v to drive the screws in)

2. Probably too early for this.....:D but I wanted a drill that I could use with my son - the 18v is way too heavy for him, even for the forseeable future.

I had been looking at the DeWalt 9.6v at Lowes for $89. Yesterday I went to check out a local tool store that I had never been to, but supposedly carried a huge selection of WW tools, Phillips Brothers Supply (for those of you in the Buffalo, Rochester, Erie PA, or Toronto, ON areas).

Well I was blown away by their selection, :eek: they have a huge assortment of Powermatic, Jet, Delta, Steel City, SawStop, plus a full assortment of power hand tools.

Well I was walking around the store drooling, wishing I had a bigger shop, and more money :doh: I noticed that they had the DeWalt 9.6v Drill that I was looking for. It was on sale for $79 with a 9.6v worklight thrown in. I don't need the light, but if it comes with it, thats ok with me. I'm sure my son will like playing with it. :thumb:

They also had the Edge Guide for my DW618 router, that I have been looking for. It wasn't on sale, but it is hard to find locally. :thumb:

Attachments

• DW DC750KA.jpg
    DW DC750KA.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DW6913.gif
    DW6913.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 5
I have had a DW 9.6v drill motor for about 6 years (?). It is one of my favorites due to weight and quality. I have one dead battery out of four (two large, two small) in all that time. When number two goes I will probably have the batteries rebuilt as I see no reason to replace the drill motor. I'm sure you will like it.

I have had a DW 9.6v drill motor for about 6 years (?). It is one of my favorites due to weight and quality. I have one dead battery out of four (two large, two small) in all that time. When number two goes I will probably have the batteries rebuilt as I see no reason to replace the drill motor. I'm sure you will like it.

did you see that Jason has a special for fww members this weekend? Battery Builder's Sale