Happy Birthday? Merry Christmas? Just another impulse purchase?

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So, I had decided I needed a cart for my CNC machine and was getting all geared up to build it as part of my CNC refurb. I had it wedged in a corner of the shop, and that just wasn't an ideal location.

Was at Home depot yesterday and they had a fleet of these rolling workbench drawer things for 298$. The lady at the counter said "Hey, it's a secret keep this to your self, but next week they are going to take a 100$ off the price". She also said that they have a 60 day price guarantee. Hmmm....

I went home with my plywood and started thinking about it. And I thought that one of those would save me a whole lot of time and would make a pretty nice base for the cnc, so what if it hangs over the edge a bit on the front and back, it makes it easier to roll around.

So today I drove down and picked up 2 of them. I really don't have room right now, but figure Eh, I can reorg.

The second one I figure would make a very nice little mobile electronics workstation. I can put my soldering station on it and store a bunch of the supplies and gizmos right in the drawers.

Just in case your home depot has the same deal right now, remember, this is a secret, and if they don't drop by 100$ next week it's not my fault!

Note: The same lady called me over as I was checking out to tell me the same thing again today, so either she's really bad at keeping secrets, or it's not really that big of a secret :rofl:

2884492958661448214.jpg

Hmm...that'd make a handy turning tool cabinet. Duly noted. ;)

P.S. Note to self: Don't tell Brent any secrets, lol.

3 3/4 deep, 41 1/2 wide, 15 3/4 long

Thats the top upper drawer, which goes the full length.

The next couple rows are 2 3/4 deep, 19 1/2" wide 16" long

Welp, here's hoping they drop the price next week. I've got one of these bad boys sitting in the shop this evening. :D It's a heavy sucker. I had to get a nephew to help me get it out of my 4Runner and out of the box. Looks like yours were pre-assembled, but I had to mount the wheels and handle on mine.

Welp, here's hoping they drop the price next week. I've got one of these bad boys sitting in the shop this evening. :D It's a heavy sucker. I had to get a nephew to help me get it out of my 4Runner and out of the box. Looks like yours were pre-assembled, but I had to mount the wheels and handle on mine.

Sweet! yeah, they had about 40 of them at my store pre-assembled. Even at 298, the price is pretty good compared to the ones I've seen at harbor freight.

The guys at the store used a forklift to put it in my truck. When I got home I already had the forks on the bobcat, so I just used bob to reverse the process. Gotta say, I really like having a fork lift around the house.

Latest harbor freight has one about the same size, one drawer, and cabinet doors below on sale for 240$, so, even at this price these seem to be a good deal with all the drawers. Would work great as a reloading/gunsmith bench.

Sweet deal if they drop a hundred next week I will check out the Niagara Falls location at that price.
Local stores still way over your pricing due to our dollar exchange.

Lol Sharon must love you Brent :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'ts just an inch or 2 higher than the table saw, so might be ok? I think it actually mates up just right with my cabinet height, so could work out pretty good for that.

Was talking with my neighbor about it a little while ago and he has a couple of them as well for leather working.

I spotted pretty much the same 9-drawer cabinet on sale at my local Harbor Freight for $189 yesterday. The only difference I saw was that the handle on the end was a slightly different shape.

If it's not to high that would make an awesome pen lath stand. With a place for all the pen spacers and kits and blanks and and and:thumb::thumb:

I think it'd work well for that. I suspect mine will end up with my Tormek and dry grinder on it, but it'll depend on how the shop floor plan works out.