Happy Birthday? Merry Christmas? Just another impulse purchase?

Very interesting. Especially since I have the Husky in the back of my car wondering how I am going to get it out of there. Maybe I'll leave it there and to go to HF tomorrow and check theirs out. If it looks n=better, 'll go back to HD and then take it out and then take the truck together the HF one. I have rationalized using this as the base for a 'real' (has vises) workbench and acts as an outfeed for the table saw. And it will replace my 'buddy' cart in the Tiny Shop. So I can sell my old workbench and buddy cart, save some floor reals estate and have the same functionality. Win-win.

Thanks for the video. Got me to thinking.

Back after a quick trip down the rabbet hole. HF's box is the price as HD's. There is a 25% coupon but this is an exception to using the coupon. So it is $300 with no chance for a price reduction as might be the case with HD's 30 day price guarantee. And the HD box is in my car at the moment.

And Tom Bussey's post about his grandsons bench becoming a buffet made me rethink selling my old walnut, cherry, and maple bench and making it the base for my large screen TV. I'll clean it up, put on some wax, and let it tell its own stories.

Now to figure out how to get that durn thing out of the car!

Last edited:
Two guys got it in there. The box is huge so I expect about the only assembly required will be to put on the wheels and handle. Worse, they lifted it up and angled it in. Think it is gonna take two guys to get it out.

It will indeed take two strong guys to get it out. (Mine took one strong guy and me, and we had a hand truck to help move it into the garage.) And you're correct about installing the wheels and the handle. You'll want help flipping it over to do those operations, too.

Having watched the video, I'll be checking mine out this evening when I get home. I'm pretty sure mine has drawer liners for each drawer (I know the floor model one in the store did), and I'm pretty certain the top on mine is attached. I'm also curious to see how the bolts are attached from the inside. Either way, I''ll be keeping mine, since I've already discarded most of the packing materials. ;)

My top is firmly attached, with liners, Double glides on the bottom.

The liners all came in the top drawer.

As far as how the wheels are attached, the bottom appears to be about ~1/8" thick steel, punched so that there is another ~1/8", I don't know what you'd call it and I can't really get a picture, but 'raised ridge' around the hole, and that whole thing is threaded. Looks plenty sturdy to me, and quite possibly sturdier than a nutsert stuck in the same (or less) thick sheet metal.

At any rate, I'm really happy with the fit/finish, and quality. Now we get to see if the price drops and if Sharon can sweet talk HD into honoring the price guarantee (Which I hope really exists). :)

Here's a few pics of mine. I see the same things Brent is describing, including the firmly attached top and liners for every drawer:

IMG_7844 1024.jpg IMG_7845 1024.jpg IMG_7846 1024.jpg

According to the sticker, it has a 1,200 pound total capacity. As for the price guarantee, I asked the cashier about the 60 day price guarantee, and she said she thought it was 90 days, but wasn't sure.

Like Brent, I'm plenty happy with mine.

I just left my own review on the guy's YouTube page. ;)

My HD would only confirm a 30 day price guarantee. I asked the manager.

And it is still in the car. Maybe tomorrow I can round up a couple of guys....

Well, I figured I'd provide these poor orphans a home. I had intentions of buying a couple of smaller rolling tool chest bases to put my sander and a couple of other tools on, but they didn't have the ones I was looking at on-line. So just went with two of the workbench style. Mine do seem to be the older ones with only a single set of slides on the bottom drawers, so must be some older stock out in my neck of the woods still. I'm planning to keep them though, not like I'm planning to load them up with impacts, but it does get a lot of wood working tools out of my mechanics tool chest so that those can go in there for once. ;)
2018-01-04 19.49.24.jpg

Quite handy, indeed. It can store 21 piece of equipment?

Welcome to the forum Chris. I'd guess that would depend on the size of the equipment. They are about 14,000+ square inches of storage, so should store quite a bit.

Brent I think you should take this post to Home Depot and ask for a commission on all the tool chests you sold.lol
And then twist their arm on theoretically how many they getting back if the don’t lower the price to the secret price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brent I think you should take this post to Home Depot and ask for a commission on all the tool chests you sold.lol
And then twist their arm on theoretically how many they getting back if the don’t lower the price to the secret price.

Ahhh, that was my fear. I did say I was only relaying the cashier's 'secret'. Sorry if I inadvertantly convinced anyone to buy one they didn't want/need.

Ahhh, that was my fear. I did say I was only relaying the cashier's 'secret'. Sorry if I inadvertantly convinced anyone to buy one they didn't want/need.

It really wasn't that hard to convince honestly, really need some additional organization in my shop. I suspect I'm not quite done, really could use about 10 sets of steel shelving to get things put away properly.

It really wasn't that hard to convince honestly, really need some additional organization in my shop. I suspect I'm not quite done, really could use about 10 sets of steel shelving to get things put away properly.

Same here. I bought it knowing the discount was speculative. ;)

Well just a heads up and pour gas on this fire I just got an email flier and Harbor Freight has the Yukon 46” unit with one big draw and cupboards on sale now via the flyer for $199.
Not the same as getting the draws.
I find cupboards less useful than draws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk