Where it ended up so far

Tom Bussey

I posted, Building Grandsons Christmas Present, earlier on this forum. I did however manage to show my grand son, who is 12, how to assemble his workbench when we had our family Christmas a couple of weeks ago. I didn't put it all together but I thought he had the idea.

I did get it to my son's house and assembled it in the garage about 5 days later. Zak was not at home at the time. Today my grandson's stepmother, Donna, sent me a picture of what has happened to it so far. He disassembled it and they took it into the house and he re-assembled it in the dining room and covered it with a table cloth and used it as a buffet table. Go figure.

Donna asked me to build another one a little larger for her to use as a dinning room table so I guess you know where the idea came from. My wife also said if anything ever happens to me she wanted to use my workbench for the kitchen table. So maybe I am on to something new repurposing, work benches into dinning room tables.

Now I can post a picture of my workbench and I will, but I don't know if I can get the emailed picture to post here on the forum. Maybe some one can help me do it.

Here is my bench as yet unfinished, waiting for spring.

DSC03264.jpg DSC03267.jpg

And the back side. I have no clue how she will ever get that one accomplished seeing as the top weighs between 300 and 350 pounds alone.

DSC03262.jpg