Rolling Bench for the the Tiny Shop

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
TaDA! It's out of the car. No small feat. Took girl power, some leverage, and a bunch of pushing. But here it is. I got the good one.

Bench.jpg

So the problem was the box sat down below the lip of the door frame by about 3 inches. And the width at that point was about 3 inches shorter so the box had to be lifted 6 inches before it could come out of the car.

We smarty pants got a pair of 2 x 8's under the box and levered it up. Then I called in the front of the car and shoved it out sliding it along the the 2x8's. When we we got to the the tipping point, we simply let is slide down the 2x8's to the ground. Two girls, one guy with one good hand, and some smarts. Worked like a charm with no one having to lift the beast.

Carol, I'm pretty certain you could move a house all by yourself with nothing but a couple of stout boards, some duct tape, and a little bit of time to think about it, lol. :D

So the problem was the box sat down below the lip of the door frame by about 3 inches. And the width at that point was about 3 inches shorter so the box had to be lifted 6 inches before it could come out of the car.

We smarty pants got a pair of 2 x 8's under the box and levered it up. Then I called in the front of the car and shoved it out sliding it along the the 2x8's. When we we got to the the tipping point, we simply let is slide down the 2x8's to the ground. Two girls, one guy with one good hand, and some smarts. Worked like a charm with no one having to lift the beast.

Yep, if Carol can't figure it out, nobody can! Good job!

I would like to make a suggestion... If that tool box has stationary wheels on one end change them out to castors this works much better in a small shop. Especially when you want to push it up against a wall or up against another abject where you don't have any wiggle room.

I would like to make a suggestion... If that tool box has stationary wheels on one end change them out to castors this works much better in a small shop. Especially when you want to push it up against a wall or up against another abject where you don't have any wiggle room.

That's a good idea. I'll probably need that.

I'm already thinking of doing that with mine. :thumb:

Mine will be on wheels until I get the tablesaw installed. Then it will be too high to function as an outfield. So either smaller diameter wheels or no wheels at all. We shall see.