This just does NOT get stale

Rob Keeble

Well my bits and pieces finally arrived since Canada post seemed to have a post Xmas enema and burst out a ton of pent up parcels.

So I started on my Creality Cr 10 upgrade parts.

First part in action

IMG_0131.jpg

And before I can get my act together and say “Bobs your uncle”
It’s done. And now I am on to the next one.

IMG_0133.jpg

Wanted to load and do a bunch together but total print was going to take too long so I decided it’s more fun to do it one by one.

I still jump up and down like an excited kid and hey while that feeling lasts I am milking it till the cows come home.lol

Seriously if u have an engineering bone in your body you got to get one of these machines.
Knock years off your age.

I can’t express how exciting it is to me.

Right up there with catching a trout in a river on your own fly.

And I have not yet printed my own designed part when I do that will be a whole mother ball game and I think Bill will hear me holler down in Georgia.

Could not agree more.

Treated myself to a QIDI enclosed machine (too cold in my workshop for an open one).

About an hour and a half getting it assembled.

About an hour working out software workflow.

About an hour to print a 20mm calibration cube.

Last 3 days making little workshop pieces that don't quite work in wood.

I love it and will keep it busy!

That is exactly how I feel about my Router and my Laser.

I would love the printer, but I have a lifetime on my plate now.

I get my printer kinks watching you guys

For me they all join up.

My current focus is getting more value from my materials and building business that I can continue in my (still some way off) retirement.

The 3D printer is there to make better Vacuum holding fixtures to successfully hold smaller workpieces (formerly waste) that my CNC router cuts and shapes. The ability to personalise them with the laser makes them valuable enough to be worth selling.

I have to say as well that I find that having a software "workflow" mentality from using the CNC for years has made it much easier to get up and going with both laser and 3D.