Friday, It's Here Already

Dave Hoskins

Yep. Friday is already here on top of us. Have a couple of errands to run this morning after I get enough coffee in me. Then if it warms up any, I'll get some work done in the shop. This time of year I wish my shop was not open in the front. I was a little late getting out there to feed my deer breakfast and they were standing around waiting on me. Woke up and it's shows it is 20 out there with 30 mph winds. I know that ain't cold to my northern friends, but that is hard on this Texan's arthritis. :rofl: Hopefully, I will get some shop time. If not, old sci fi movies, doggies in the lap, fire in the wood stove, and a cup of hot apple cider.

Friday: I'm straightening up a few things in my shop this morning and preparing for another step on my walnut slab (will this project ever end???). Bobbie and I are having a date lunch at Applebee's, then she's going shopping with a neighbor and I'll make another trip through Harbor Freight.

Saturday: Not too sure yet. There's another cold front bearing down on us, so that might limit some activity.

Sunday will definitely be a day to stay in, have brunch and keep the fireplace going.

Waiting on some screws to show up for my next printer upgrade. I was able to do some pre-assembly last night and I may start disassembling the old one in the mean time. I also am going to get back to working on the laser engraver I started last winter.I have a different controller for it now and hoping it will solve some issues I was having. Other than that, I need to check with the contractor to see if he's going to finally start next week or not, if so, I've got some furniture to get moved.

Sun is shining here. The storm has moved on. The thermometer is on the upward swing. All good.

Today is remove stuff that got jammed in the unfinished Tiny Shop, so circuit wiring can commence next week. Truth told.more of that all weekend. Not sure where I am going to stuff the stuff until the walls are finished is the inside. Possibility of more rain next weekend, so I do have a deadline to get things back under cover!

I have a little cleanup on my paper work on my desk. I put off so much stuff all year.

I will clean up the shop from the fun December and get re-focused back on kitchen remodel. This begins year 2 on that project. I need to do electrical and plumbing work.

I am building cabinets from scratch, and that will be enjoyable. Boy do I really NEED the cabinets.

Busy weekend this time around.

On top of a pretty full plate at work today, I've got a pre-surgery visit with the ortho doc who'll be removing the plate in my elbow. (The surgery happens in 11 days.) After work I'll head to the house to load up all the guitars and other gear for the band's monthly stop at the Dragonhorn Tavern. Starting at about 6:00, I'll load up, set up, play for 3 1/2 hours, tear down, load up, and unload all the gear back at home, by about 2:30 AM. No wonder I'm sore after a gig. This rock & roll business is a lot of work, lol. We tell people that we play for free, but we charge to move the equipment. This will be our last show for about 6 weeks, since I'll be out of commission while my elbow heals back up.

Saturday, my pool team is playing in the regional 9-ball tournament. The tourney actually starts Friday night, but I'll miss the first round due to the band gig. Since several of our other better players will be missing Friday night due to other commitments, I suspect we'll be playing in the loser's bracket on Saturday. (We've gone to the finals from there before, so no telling how things will work out.)

Sunday, my BIL and I will be working to remove some juniper shrubs that the city wants taken out, as they're encroaching on the sidewalk at our rental property. The challenge will be to cut the shrubs down without eating up a chainsaw chain on the sidewalk. I'm predicting there will be two sore backs once we're done. :rolleyes: At least the weather should be good for us this weekend...sunny with high temps in the 50s.

Getting the tractor moved to a repair shop today. At right around 14,000 lbs, not a job to be taken lightly ;). We suspect a blown head gasket - some oil and coolant were not in their proper places and there was a cloud of steam from the exhaust that looked like the Apple Blossom Special coming into Wolfville station !

Tomorrow I hope to get some finish on the little set of shelves I’ve been working on and keep the momentum up on the shop organizing.

We’re getting a little weather spike today, currently +14C and heavy rain forecast for overnight. I guess it’s the January thaw. Back to normal (-10) by Monday.

Hunkering down for the incoming storm. Temp at 9:30 this morning was 57°F (!) and by 10:00 was down to 32°F. ¾" of rain overnight - standing water everywhere because the ground was still frozen from the past two weeks of sub-freezing weather. Now it's freezing rain, and turning to snow. Forecast is for 4~10 inches of snow overnight. Gonna get NASTY!

We hunkering down too. Jim your weather hit us by mid day and everything went downhill from there.
Left home no snow all had melted temp was +8 came home 6 pm temp down - 10 and driveway 6 inches of snow. Guess winters back.
Took my so. 6 hour to drive 2.5 hour trip to visit his girlfriend.

I will carry on with my 3D printing and spend time working on my waste board and hold system for my FREE CNC lol. Gloat.
Enjoy your weekend folks it’s winter in the great white North again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunker down has a nice ring. Long past time to take down the Christmas tree, but the missus has restrained me because it's still drinking and holding it's needles. Think I will hunker and putter....maybe take down the tree.

Yesterday was nice warm day, in low to mid 60's.... got in a little shop time to finish a special order for a lady in PHL.... today, not so warm... my phone read 25 deg at 0900.... might try to put in long enough in shop to put second coat of finish on the mill, but otherwise, going to my lounge chair and wait for the Titans game today.
Ill plan tomorrow when I get up.

Not as bad as forecast - it's 12° this morning, with about 6" of snow. From the preceding freezing rain there's about half an inch of ice under the snow. The sun's out, and now that I'm in from plowing, and warm again, it's really kinda pretty out there...

Township has cleared the road, but we're still not going out. Nothing out there I need right now, and besides, I don't want to be dodging all the crazy "I forgot how to drive on snow" idiots.

We had only around 2" Friday. The bigger storm is due here Monday with 3 - 6". Up till now we have had about 6 storms go through each one dropping about 2". All dry powder. Since I am OCD about cleaning the walks and driveway, I was out each time with the shovel. Never had enough to justify bringing out the blower. That might change on Monday.

Doing some small clocks in an art deco motif. Also received 2 special orders from customers. One is a flag case in birds eye, the other a group of small corner shelves in QSWO. It's good to be busy.

...Up till now we have had about 6 storms go through each one dropping about 2". All dry powder. Since I am OCD about cleaning the walks and driveway, I was out each time with the shovel...

We've had several of those 'powder' snows, too. I've just used my leaf blower to clear the deck and sidewalks. It works great for that!

Today was the first time I've fired up the snow blower. This snow was wetter than previous ones.

We've had several of those 'powder' snows, too. I've just used my leaf blower to clear the deck and sidewalks. It works great for that!

Today was the first time I've fired up the snow blower. This snow was wetter than previous ones.

Now why did I not think about that. Thanks Jim gonna get mine out and prepped.