Not a woodworking tool but still

Rob Keeble

Finally took care of getting hold of a tool I have been after for years.

IMG_0141.jpg

Here is a link to where I got this kit

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B074K...+terminals&dpPl=1&dpID=51aUwp8HOxL&ref=plSrch

Going back to my roots was properly taught that when you put a wire into a screw terminal it should first have a ferrule on the end of it to prevent the screw head clamping it down from grinding and cutting the copper wire and thereby resulting in less copper area in contact with the terminal.
This is especially necessary if you happen to use what I call chocolate block screw terminals.
Some of the more high end quality pcb mount screw terminals have a little plate that is captive below the screw head to avoid this issue but it’s still good practice to ensure you get the full amount of copper in your wire in contact with the terminal.

By the way in the event you happen to think and be one of the people that solder the ends of wire to achieve the same then that is a work process I would advise you totally avoid. Solder flows under pressure and so your contact under a screw terminal done in this manner will loosen and become unreliable.

This kit will probably last me till the end of my days lol.

Yep, Got one last year and have been using it on all my builds since. Really like the way it works. Esp for smaller wires where you can't really get spade connectors that small.
:thumb: