Friday - It Came Again!

Dave Hoskins

Must be something dealing with calendars, physics, or something but this called Friday keeps coming around. Hmmm. Anyway, a friend is coming by this morning to pick up a couple of little doodads I made for him and his wife and then a quick run to go get some more deer corn for my four legged friends out there. After that, cutting a pecan log down for blanks and shop time. Weather is turning nice for the foreseeable future and I am gonna take advantage of it. The only thing left to say is "More Coffee!!!"

cold is a 4 letter word.... it's 10 degrees out this morning, suppose to warm up to about 30 in the afternoon.... being a east Texas boy, I'm not used to dealing with cold and snow, so I'm sticking close to the cabin.

Son in laws are coming over tomorrow, have a tree that has been down for two years laying off the ground. Gonna cut, split and load wagons with wood tomorrow. Then celebrate Fina's birthday and RELAX Sunday.

We're going through another warm up down here - couple nights down to 20° - forecast back in the 70s for highs Sunday and Monday. Lovely!!!

I'll do a little shop time this afternoon when it's warmer - mainly some finish sanding on my slabs and decide on next steps. If it's warm enough, I'll wipe down the latest Edison DD player with another round of finish restorer.

More of the same on Saturday, along with a bit of yard work if I feel so led.

Sunday will be brunch followed by a lot of lethargy!

Well, our weather is heading to more normal January temperatures for us. But too cold for me to get out there and do anything. So taking some downtime and hopefully getting the sinus infection under control.

Our weather is nice today, but there's allegedly some precipitation showing up this weekend. (I'll believe it when I see it.)

I'm hoping to get as much clearing and shuffling done in the shop this weekend as I can. Next Tuesday I'm getting more surgery on my elbow to remove the hardware that was installed last year about this time, so I expect to be limited on my lifting for the next month or two.

Coldest weather of the year so far, 48 degrees last night and hopefully the last for the year. Not getting much done over the last 3 1/2 weeks, had a crash and burn on my bike and broke three ribs. I've spent the last weeks sleeping in the recliner. I think I have about 3-4 more weeks until back to normal. Been walking into the shop think about what I can work on and in about 10 minutes I know - nothing, go back up stairs to the recliner. Hurts to much to bend over when I drop something much less anything else. Got a few small tools for Christmas but they will have to wait for the ribs to heal. What have I learned? If you are going to be stupid, you have to be tough.

Coldest weather of the year so far, 48 degrees last night and hopefully the last for the year. Not getting much done over the last 3 1/2 weeks, had a crash and burn on my bike and broke three ribs. I've spent the last weeks sleeping in the recliner. I think I have about 3-4 more weeks until back to normal. Been walking into the shop think about what I can work on and in about 10 minutes I know - nothing, go back up stairs to the recliner. Hurts to much to bend over when I drop something much less anything else. Got a few small tools for Christmas but they will have to wait for the ribs to heal. What have I learned? If you are going to be stupid, you have to be tough.

Make some dust, then sneeze, then go lay down after you pick yourself up off of the floor. With my broken ribs, first time they taped which was constrictive but felt better. Next times no more taping, chance of pneumonia. Coughs were bad, but sneezes, make you dribble out of your eyes and another place.:eek: Heal well my friend.

It's actually pretty nice out today, in the mid 40's and they snow is melting away. I've got a contractor that says he'll be starting on my house next week finally, so looks like I have some furniture to get moved, tv off the wall, and speakers removed from the ceiling. Should have the grandson tomorrow and supposed to be close to 60, so will plan some time at the park and be sure his power wheels are all charged up. Other than that, will try to spend some time getting the laser wired up again.

Trying to push myself into doing some plumbing and electrical work that I NEED to get done so I can move forward on my kitchen remodel.

This is stuff I just do not want to do.

But I MUST do it.

It's not that I don't know how - I do - BUT - I just don't want to.

Anybody else ever feel that way about a job to do?

It's warm enough to ride but to much salt on the road. I will be putting my attention to hopefully getting one or 2 yearlings for the freezer with the bow. Work tomorrow. Customers that can not make it in during the week line up on Saturday. My 10-2 hours are getting more regular .

Warmer (that means over 30°F) this weekend, so we'll hit the Columbus Woodworking show, and maybe a store or two, and get a good dinner, too.

Going to sort out the parts for a Mission style student desk that’s been in limbo for several years, for our son’s apartment. I have a re-design in mind that will allow for the addition of a side credenza(?) that will effectively turn it into an L-shaped corner desk that will accommodate some big curved monitors as well as a comfortable writing surface. Wish me luck!! I will no doubt be reaching out to The Collective for helpful advice.
My wife is still in full baking mode, tough conditions for any post-Christmas cutting back!!

Never had any broken ribs, but when I was living in Houston, I trimmed some trees with one of those long pole things with a knife and loppers that you pulled down on a rope to work... I set the end of the pole against my belly and eventually poked a hole in the muscles next to the belly button and caused an umbilical hernia... a few years back it became strangulated and required emergency surgery and a bowl resection... the only thing they would allow me by mouth was ice for about a week, but every time I ate ice, I would get the hiccups... with an 8 inch incision down the middle of your belly is no time to have hiccups.