Retired and a New Job

Dave Richards

Well, on Tuesday I retired from the job I've had for nearly 20 years. It was time for a change.

Today I was offered a new job. I'll be assisting a one-armed typist with capital letters. It's Shift work but I think I can handle it.

:rofl:

I told that one to loml and she said "you had to share that!!? You sighed before you told me", I replied "yeah it was that good". She continued to disagree but hey there's no accounting for taste.

Here's to your new gig, hopefully it's a capital enterprise! :beer:

The first part is serious. I did retire from my day job.

Thanks for the well wishes.

As for the new job, I'm thinking there's room for one of you to join me. After all, there are two Shifts. :D

Ryan, I bet it's just that your wife is jealous. She wanted that job. :)

Charlie, I haven't really taken a new job, yet. I'll keep doing the part time stuff for Fine Woodworking Magazine and I have other stuff. Later I might see if I can get a different job.

As for the anesthesia machines (I didn't work on heart-lung machines) there are others who are trained and I expect they'll be hiring others to train.

Congratulations on your retirement, Dave! Hope you do a better job than I have of keeping track of which day it is going forward!! :huh:

As for your new job, I'll just hit Ctrl/Alt/Del . . .