Not Again !!

Tony, I have to admit, I'm laughing here :rofl:

Not at you, but at us "turners" I know I've done that..........a......."few" times.............:rolleyes:

Mine usually don't survive to take pics, I toss them HARD at the nearest concrete wall......:bang:

You could try saving it, find a contrasting block of wood, and shape it to fit in the best you can to the funnel opening (sorry I could not resist! :D) and then glue it up and have a go!

Cheers!

bad times are followin you:eek: the more i see from you folk the more i am headed back away from the fortex. do spindles break as often as tonys bowls have been???? if so i need to run not back away:wave: :thumb:

Watch the center of the vortex Larry. Don't worry.....it will not hurt you.....relax......enjoy the ride.....Tony has just given himself a design OPPORTUNITY:D ............Relax Larry.....it will not hurt you......stare into the center of the vortex.....:rofl:

Tony don't worry about it. That is why I built the depth gauge. I can go out now and show you 3 or 4 I have on the shelf just to remind me. Your funnel is prettier than my funnel.:rofl: You just have to laugh and say on to the next.

grumble moan grumble rumble stomp grumble deep breath grumble moan grumble rumble stomp grumble
I think you left out a couple "harumphs", and a few "tsk chhhhhhh" sounds in there. I must say that is one of the nicest funnels I've seen in a while. You're good, man. :D

Sorry, couldn't help but toss a little salt in the wound. ;) Hate to see pics, but like everyone else, all I can say is it's happend to me, and I hope it doesn't happen to either of of ever again, but it probably will. :rolleyes:

Here's one solution I used on a walnut funnel I made...you can see the edge of the new quilted maple foot:

Walnut%20Donut%20Bowl%20-%20a%20800.jpg

And here's how I covered the patch on the inside:

Walnut%20Donut%20Bowl%20-%20c%20800.jpg

Tony, I don't know much about turning, but I would say it is a little thin on the bottom.:rolleyes:
Ken, you have an uncanny knack for this turning stuff. Sort of a "turner's intuition", if you will. That's not something a person can learn...you're either born with it or not. I'd bet you'd be a natural with a lathe. :rofl: