Testing the poll feature -2

Do you like Vegemite?

• Total voters

Frank Pellow

This poll will have three single choice items, the way a person votes will be shown, and it will not expire.

Attachments

• 943.jpg
    943.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 944.jpg
    944.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 963.jpg
    963.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 962.jpg
    962.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 961.jpg
    961.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0
  • 959.jpg
    959.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 0
  • 952.jpg
    952.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 950.jpg
    950.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 949.jpg
    949.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0
Maybe we should add "Vegemite" to the censored list :D
I see that I got the spelling wrong. Thanks for correcting it (even if, as I see you don't like the stuff). That's OK, most of my family and friends don't like either Vegemite or Marmite. :D

One thing that I can't seenm to be able to do is to go back and edit the spelling in my poll text. :confused:

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 2
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 2
  • #5.jpg
    #5.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 2
  • #6.jpg
    #6.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 2

Attachments

• IMG_5075.JPG
    IMG_5075.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7060.jpg
    IMG_7060.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6463.JPG
    IMG_6463.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5153.JPG
    IMG_5153.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4478-2.JPG
    IMG_4478-2.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5740.JPG
    IMG_5740.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6421-001.JPG
    IMG_6421-001.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6820.JPG
    IMG_6820.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6805.JPG
    IMG_6805.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1793.JPG
    IMG_1793.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 2
  • bed in charis room.JPG
    bed in charis room.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3406.JPG
    IMG_3406.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1487.JPG
    IMG_1487.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6140.JPG
    IMG_6140.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 2
It is one of those things, that if you did not grow up eating it, you won't like it :D

Attachments

• outdoor table with beer cooler.jpg
    outdoor table with beer cooler.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1
Doesn't sound good on this end.:eek:

So-----------------how does it come out?

Burns the hair off:eek:
Eruptes in flames:eek: :eek: :eek:

Has a terrible gas effect:eek: :eek:

Comes out like warm ice cream:eek: :( :eek:

It "comes out" of a jar, similar to peanut butter or thick jam. Nasty stuff, it is. ;)

Frank Pellow,
Since you have now defined vegemite, the third choice on the poll is irrelevant and extraneous.

As the vast majority of the few who are able to vote on this question are unlikely to have ever tasted vegemite (which I first thot might be an organic alternative to Vermiculite® insulation), having only yes/no choices for members to choose from is degrading, demeaning, and insulting to the membership.

Were I paranoiac I would suspect that you, our premier statistician, had an occluded purpose when presenting this poll.

Both to humor you and to aid in the testing of the vBulletin forum software however, I have voted “Yes”.

I have done this knowing that without any personal experience of vegemite, I am expressing an attitude of mine that is deeply intertwined with my political and religious, or –non, views, and that I risk being flagged for expressing same.

Pessimists may be right more often, but we optimists are happier!

Frank Chaffee

P.S. Frank, I will watch any polls you post in the future very carefully! (wink)

Frank Pellow,
Since you have now defined vegemite, the third choice on the poll is irrelevant and extraneous.

As the vast majority of the few who are able to vote on this question are unlikely to have ever tasted vegemite (which I first thot might be an organic alternative to Vermiculite® insulation), having only yes/no choices for members to choose from is degrading, demeaning, and insulting to the membership.

Were I paranoiac I would suspect that you, our premier statistician, had an occluded purpose when presenting this poll.

Both to humor you and to aid in the testing of the vBulletin forum software however, I have voted “Yes”.

I have done this knowing that without any personal experience of vegemite, I am expressing an attitude of mine that is deeply intertwined with my political and religious, or –non, views, and that I risk being flagged for expressing same.

Pessimists may be right more often, but we optimists are happier!

Frank Chaffee

P.S. Frank, I will watch any polls you post in the future very carefully! (wink)
Hey Frank, can't you read? :rolleyes: There is a third choice; that is: "What is vegamite?"

Frank Pellow,
I am becoming increasingly uneasy with this poll and especially with this pollster.

On this very page you have written “vegimite”, “vergimite”, and “vegemite”. The first two of those appear to be misspellings.

While I have come to regard you as infinitely more accomplished than myself, I have yet over these past years to see you spell “infinitely” right. I think you spell it “infinately”. But, in a spirit of acceptance of differently-abled persons, which we all must have when coming together in a community, I have overlooked your spelling errors.

Now, when you question my reading skills, suggesting that I did not properly read the third choice question on the poll, even tho I took time from my precious and hectic schedule to point out to you that you presented a definition for the word (presumably misspelled), I must step back from the table.

You were, Frank Pellow, in a position to point out to trusting members such as myself that you intentionally gave “vergimite” as the third choice to test how critically people read polls. However Frank, you chose to hide behind the deceptive cloaking of your long pattern of misspellings to, I suspect, trick and deceive us.

Happy Halloween, Frank (that’s a US thing, btw, that has nothing to do with real witches)! Trick or Treat?

Now I am watching you all the more closely! (wink)

Frank Chaffee

I admit that I am a bad speller (and a bad typist). :eek: :eek: I noticed the mistake right away and I did try to go back and change the spelling right after I submitted the poll but it seems that it is not possible. If someone knows how to do so, I would appreciate hearing from them.

Frank, I believe that Halloween started in Ireland, not in the USA. :p

Frank,
Yes, Halloween indeed has it’s origins in Celtic life. I was referring to the monetary center of gravity of the celebrated tradition in this age when I suggested that it is a US thing. …And even that is a misnomer, as US citizens are merely the consumers of Halloween goods produced in China, so today perhaps the holiday could be considered to be a Chinese thing. ?

Frank Chaffee

P.S. Frank, if you cannot edit spelling in the poll thread you began, how will I ever be able to change my vote if I get new info and change my mind?

P.P.S. Thanks Frank for all your hard work in getting this new software up and running!

...I noticed the mistake right away and I did try to go back and change the spelling right after I submitted the poll but it seems that it is not possible. If someone knows how to do so, I would appreciate hearing from them.
Frank, you're set up to edit polls, but I see now that you can only edit them in the forums to which you are assigned as a mod.

Anyway, I took care of the edit for you. ;) And voted for the last option. :D

- Vaughn

Able I may not be but ere I see a vegymite I will not cease my inquiry.

Frank Chaffee

[EDIT]:
Yeah, that was pretty bad.

How about…

Able, I may not be,
But ‘till I see a vegymite
I will not cease my inquiry.

Last edited:
Frank, you're set up to edit polls, but I see now that you can only edit them in the forums to which you are assigned as a mod.

Anyway, I took care of the edit for you. ;) And voted for the last option. :D

- Vaughn
I am confused Vaughn. I thought that all moderators were supposed to have all privileges on all forums so that any moderator can help out another when necessary.

Also, is there something that can be set to allow the originator of a poll to edit that poll? If it is possible to do so, we should allow that.