Friday - 9Feb18

Dave Hoskins

Well, first thing it's supposed to be nice day today. I really enjoy mornings like this one. There were 6 young does waiting for me to feed them their breakfast this morning. Always fun to watch them. Today will be an easy day. Going to go around with my girlfriend while she has her taxes done and then get a new battery for her phone. Somewhere in there she is supposed to feed me lunch. Nothing heavy for lunch as I am gonna smoke some beef kabobs later this afternoon. Should be tasty. Started marinating the meat last night. Over the weekend supposed to be cooler and rainy so who knows what will happen in the shop. I don't.

Going to Conn. Saturday to visit my son&his wife 4 grand kids

Sunday - I am REALLY getting the urge and inspiration to start kicking my little home business in the buns to start ramping up.

There are a bunch of value streams that I want to get started on.

ALSO - I will be getting some more activity on the kitchen remodeling.

Looks like the contractor is back at the house today. I'm hoping he'll get the loft area closed up today and finish doubling joists. If so, we'll be getting started on some drywall patching upstairs, paint and flooring soon upstairs so we can put the office back together. I need to get my rocking chair runners done this weekend as our daughter will be induced on Monday if she doesn't go into labor earlier. I also purchased an Oculus Rift from a coworker, so plan to get it setup this weekend on the pinball cabinet computer.

Spending the day watching the snow fall. @ 6" already and it's supposed to continue for another 7 hours. No sense getting the snow blower out till its done. Shop time! Working on a couple of orders for repeat customers - the best kind.

Another horrible winter day here in the Land of Enchantment. Highs in the mid-60s, no wind, and beautiful sunny skies. I do wish we'd get some of that snow Rennie mentioned, though. We need the moisture and I still haven't had a chance to see how my 4Runner handles in the snow.

Heading out in a bit to get the 16 staples removed from my left elbow. Everything's healing up well and I've already been back to playing the guitar for the past week or so.

Saturday morning I'm teaching a mini-class in beginning firearm basics to some friends. They were awakened at 3:45 AM a few weeks ago by police who'd gotten reports that a prowler was in their back yard, so now they're considering home protection options that are a step up from their Chihuahua. I'm also hoping to get some yard and garden work done...mostly cleanup that I've been putting off for a couple of months. And of course there's always more shop/garage organizing and purging to do.

Sunday is Range Day for the practical shooting club. I'll probably do a bit of shooting, but I've also been tasked to ride herd on a couple of guys who are coming out for their CCW re-qualification testing. They only come out every two years for their qualification shooting, and my buddy/instructor who runs the club would like a couple of extra eyes on them to keep them from doing something stupid. :rolleyes:

Quiet weekend here with the up and down weather continuing. Mostly above freezing and wet the next few days. Continuing to make progress on the re-activated and upgraded desk project for our son’s apartment.
Maybe head in to Halifax and take him out for dinner Saturday night. He’s pushing hard to get the PhD dissertation done and now has a full workload in his new job, so probably could use a little break.

Busy this weekend writing up an estimate for a fire job , mostly smoke damage and water. the House is way down southren Md , built in 1825 all period furniture and a good number of old paintings set in old gilded frames. About 50 pieces so far, I did the house contents today and still need Jarrod to go back down to climb inside a very large storage container and get pictures of about 30 period living room, hallway , office and bedrooms. Looks like a long day at the desk.
Had planned on a bike show in Baltimore.

Water, water everywhere!!!

At least that's how it was on our Friday - floating across the Gulf of Mexico on the last day of our cruise. Got back in port in Mobile, AL Saturday morning, then home Saturday afternoon - been crashing ever since getting home!!! Cruises are great, but it's even better once we're back home! I took my laptop but stayed off the WWW this time - just worked on project drawings.

The drought is over! NASCAR is back today (Sunday)!!!