Any help would be appreciated

Billy Burt

I find that I'm now in need of a shorter tool rest for my mustard monster. Do any of you fine folks have a source for such? Osolnik has them for $55, but I'm cheap. :D

Thanks in advance!

I go to a local welder and get any size I want/need made for $10.00. Angle iron on a post works, others prefer round rod for the rest. Matter of preference. And, for that price, you can have specialty rests made up without breaking the bank.

I go to a local welder and get any size I want/need made for $10.00. Angle iron on a post works, others prefer round rod for the rest. Matter of preference. And, for that price, you can have specialty rests made up without breaking the bank.

What he said but I design my own for different tasks and have my S-I-L weld them up. (Got to get some good use out of him, other than making pretty babies I find little else he is good for)

You own a Mustard? Why you whining about the cost of a Tool rest? Rest of us Rusty Chunk owners have to scratch about to make ends meet...

Bitter, sour grapes here,:eek: sorry for the acid mouth....:(I'll sit in the corner for the rest of the evening....)

Thanks, Frank, I'm off to find a welder.

Bill, LOML bought it for me for our anniversary in December. She said I should now have everything I need and told me to quit whining about more. So that now makes two of you. ;-) It's also why I'm trying to get what I need as cheaply as possible.

Excellent thread here folks. :thumb:

Hey Billy....by the time you buy a welder and all necessary supplies? You could have a local welder make you over 100 tool rests! :eek: :rolleyes: