Electronics Workstation

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So, when I had picked up a couple of those rolling drawer filled workstations, I knew I wanted to use one to get all of my arduino and raspberry pi projects under control.

Seems like when I tried to work on those projects, I'd end up having to clear space off my workbench or other benches to do it and since they require a computer and the time lines can stretch out, I would end up having to move stuff around partway through a project to do other things.

Well, here is my moveable electronics workstation. I've got all my parts and gizmos stored in the drawers and it's now a dedicated workspace for working on those projects.

electronics workstation.jpg

Not yet, but I do have a 12" square piece of marble tile I generally use when I'm soldering.

What I really like is I've now got my arduino's and pi's organized so I know exactly what I have. And I've got several projects lined up that I'm planning on getting going on soon!

Thats a great idea Brent. I tried a different tack and other stuff took over and i did not add draws.
Draws are a big plus when it comes to Electronics.
Don't know what you doing there for power but i have been wiring my mobile welding bench for 110v power with a couple of quad receptacles and heavy gauge cap tire cable from HD so i have a local point for grinders and no worries about voltage drops.
Got the material to do same for my wood lathe and will do the same for metal lathe.

That way i roll put the cord and plug in whatever bench to the nearest available outlet. Makes for a reconfigurable work area way Allen moves his shop around.

Last edited:
I do have a heavy duty power strip on the back,and a small one on the front for plugging in power supplies.

The think I like is that I can pull out the top drawer and put a board across it for even more workspace if I need it.

I'm using the plastic compartment organizers for each drawer to make sure they don't turn into catch all junk drawers.