New whip...

Roger Tulk

I've had this for a couple of weeks now, but I'm never prompt at putting pics on. This is the replacement for my wonderful Ford Ranger. I now have a wonderful Hyundai Tucson. I can haul smaller bits of lumber ~6ft, but it's a great vehicle to drive, and gets more than twice the mileage of the truck.

Mytucson.jpg

Everyone I know who has a Hyundai is very happy, so I expect I will be, too.

Congrats, Roger. That's a nice ride. My sis has a Hyundai Santa Fe that she 's been very happy with, and it has been a very reliable vehicle.

More like about 33.5 mpg.

7 l = 1.849 gallons, and 100 km = ~62 miles.

OH, yeah. Our gallons are bigger than your chintzy gallons. :p

I worked this out for myself just after we converted to metric. To go from litres per 100km to miles per Canadian gallon or the other way 'round, divide you measure into 282 to get the other. the conversion factor for US gallons is about 232.

Last edited:
They are nice rides. We've had a Santa Fe since 2014 and have had no problems. Ours is even the same colour as yours.
We also test drove a Dodge Journey but my wife didn't like the ride.
Even hauling the tent trailer we get 11 to 13 litres per 100 km. But then it only has the 2.5 l engine.

They are nice rides. We've had a Santa Fe since 2014 and have had no problems. Ours is even the same colour as yours.
We also test drove a Dodge Journey but my wife didn't like the ride.
Even hauling the tent trailer we get 11 to 13 litres per 100 km. But then it only has the 2.5 l engine.

I think mine is the 2.0l. engine. it is a very comfortable drive, and handles like a sedan. Back a while I rented cars occasionally to get to work and other things. I rented a Santa Fe more than once, and enjoyed it very much. I also rented a Dodge Journey once for a trip up north. It was OK, but not great. I still miss my pickup truck. I thought it would be the last vehicle I would ever drive. Now the Tucson has that job.