Friday - 16Feb18

Dave Hoskins

Well, here's Friday again! Made another one. For a lot of us that always feels like an accomplishment. Today will be light. Letting the right arm relax mainly. I will do a bit of cleanup in the shop and some reorganization that is badly needed. Utter chaos at the moment would be a decent description. :rofl: I don't care for the shop to be so neat and organized that I can find everything; that takes the fun out of it. But, what's out there right now would make anyone laugh and wonder. Oh, well. More rain coming this afternoon with temps dropping some again. The weekend might end being watching old sci fi movies with doggies in the lap.

Long weekend, Monday is Nova Scotia Heritage Day, honouring Mona Parsons this year, a WW II heroine.
In the shop, working on the desk project and picking away at the organizational process. Music on, social media and news feeds off. Very relaxing.
Son’s coming home for the weekend, so there’ll be some upgraded baking and cooking going on :D

Have a good one :wave:

Going to the Hartville Hardware "Tool Expo." Vendor reps from all the majors, and several interesting-sounding demonstrations and classes.

Niece's birthday party on Saturday, and maybe some shop time on Sunday.

With the warm weather snow melt, coupled with about 1½ inches of rain, the yard and driveway are completely saturated, so I can't do anything out there. The basement sump pumps are running about every 45 seconds.

It's a 4 day weekend for me. Just hanging out with the Grandson. Will drop him off with his dad later. The contractor is here putting up drywall. Tomorrow I have some rocking chair runners to get made and probably do some flooring shopping for our loft area and pickup paint

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Going to the Hartville Hardware "Tool Expo." Vendor reps from all the majors, and several interesting-sounding demonstrations and classes.

Hmmmm. Only 4 hours from me. Maybe Next year...

For me, last weekend I watched the snow fall. This weekend I'm watching it melt. $0's yesterday. Expecting 60 on Monday. Oh, and shop time too. :D

This weekend:

Saturday morning will go to friends house to help him with his CNC machine.

Rest of weekend
Working on a large pantry cabinet. Video the process. Make youtube video, hope to make is as interesting as possible, maybe with a little stop motion into it.

I may work on a youtube video of the wolfbox build.

Friday: I'm in my shop sanding on my big walnut slab and doing a bit of picking up along the way. Also doing a bit of inventory on my wood supply, digging out some stuff.

Saturday: More of the same in the morning, then prep a big ham and get it in the oven to serve for dinner with a few guests.

Sunday: Daytona 500!!! Need I say more????? Yippee-I-O-Ki-Yay!!!!!!

Day job work today, but I have a 3-day weekend coming up. (Gotta love working for a government contractor.)

Most of Saturday will be spent in class for my Range Safety Officer certification, the first step in getting certified as a pistol instructor. The rest of the day will likely be spent doing chores around the house, watching some Olympics, and playing around with guitar stuff.

LOML has a rare 2-day weekend, so Sunday we are planning to go for a drive...somewhere. We haven't decided where yet, but we both need to get out of the house for a day, and it looks like Sunday is that day. ;)

No firm plans yet for Monday. Depends on the weather and my energy level. I may just decide to be a slug all day, lol.

Been laid up with a really bad cold for the last several weeks. Finally feeling a little better. So will try a little shed work since the sun is shining for a bit. An hour or two today. Tomorrow I have a dedication to go to. Haven't been out and about for two weeks so will see how that goes. Haven't thought as far ahead as Sunday. The goal is not overdo and have a relapse which is what I did last month!

Have been spending time working on Burning Wood II. Arranging for some demos. Plan to video them, try editing them and then sharing them. No promises and certainly not Hollywood quality. But gotta start somewhere. Also plan to 'interview' (and video) the attendees with them sharing how they got into woodworking and what keeps them involved. That thread was more than a little interesting and I want to expand on it.

Want to make this gathering sharable.

I had to finish up all projects this week, this morning cleaned up, and had to move recumbent bike, some other large things and lots of storage boxes out of guest bedroom into shop for weekend.
no work for me.
tomorrow is my daughters bachlorette party, the limo is picking them all up here, my niece from florida is staying with us, so her husband and son will be with me tomorrow afternoon and evening, my son, my bil, the boys will go out for dinner tomorrow night, then sunday all the cousins are meeting here. gonna be pretty busy, we are ordering in food, long hero(hoagie or sub for you guys not from the east coast, wings, pizza, salads, dips chips, fruit, veggie tray, the regular party drill.......Im excited to see my great nephew, he has never seen snow so I hope there is alittle snow for him by sunday morning.
Ill take him sledding.

Still playing nurse, cook and bottle washer helping Miss Margie get back into the swing of things. Keeping busy working on the sixteen continuing education units I need to remain a professional landscape architect.