Some Good News

Dave Hoskins

Well, for my son. He has been building a house remodeling business for a while now covering the Waco, Texas area. A potential customer that he was putting a bid in with yesterday showed him a list of the top ten remodelers in that area and he was on it. I was rather proud and happy with him on that. I told him that giving the customer good value and reliability for their bucks will pay off someday and it has. WHEEE!!!

Very cool, Dave. All the advertising money in the world can't buy a good reputation. Only good work and good service can do that.

Well, for my son. He has been building a house remodeling business for a while now covering the Waco, Texas area. A potential customer that he was putting a bid in with yesterday showed him a list of the top ten remodelers in that area and he was on it. I was rather proud and happy with him on that. I told him that giving the customer good value and reliability for their bucks will pay off someday and it has. WHEEE!!!

Is his name "Chip"?/ I've been watch the show Fixer upper and there are some pretty nice houses in Waco... I've only been there a couple of times and only a couple of times during my adult hood, so don't remember much about the city... my dad was in the hospital there in 1988, so made a trip there for that... the wife and I drove through once sometime in the early '90's .... most of my trips were as a child visiting a couple of aunts there... one lived in Bellmead and the other on the other side of Waco, but not sure where. Both retired to Troup and one has passed away.

Congrats to your son... remodeling isn't a lot of fun and is certainly a lot of hard work.

Nope. He ain't no Chip. There is a lot of really nice houses in the older section of Waco. Still a lot of "old money" there as far as Texas goes. He doesn't do videos and in fact he doesn't even advertise. All word of mouth. I just hope he can keep it up and expand his work force a bit to take some of the heavy work off of him. It can really be back breaking work, for sure.

Nope. He ain't no Chip. There is a lot of really nice houses in the older section of Waco. Still a lot of "old money" there as far as Texas goes. He doesn't do videos and in fact he doesn't even advertise. All word of mouth. I just hope he can keep it up and expand his work force a bit to take some of the heavy work off of him. It can really be back breaking work, for sure.

Yeah, I know about the back breaking.... m uncle was a contractor in the Bay Area... when TWA and 4 other airlines went out on strike in 1966 (in the middle of my transfer from LAX to SFO) I worked form him for a short time while the strike was on... never dug so many ditches in my life doing carpentry work...

I grew up about 40 miles south/south east of Waco... but we only went a few times to visit my dad's sisters that lived there.