wolfbox

Leo,. I happened to receive this Wolf box in the swap. Let me tell you how beautiful it is and how much I appreciate the artistic input. It rests right next to my nap spot as is viewed and appreciated just about every day. This box is amazing in craftmanship and execution. It will be treasured forever.
Best regards.
David

I enjoyed the video Leo, well done on the intro and editing. The sound levels were very consistent, but maybe a little loud on the machining operations, but not too bad.

As the viewer, I enjoyed the process, but wondered about the cnc you're using and what bits, speeds, and feed rates you were using. As a cnc owner I realize that some of that information will be specific to my machine, but as someone who would be interested in doing the project and/or new to cnc, it would be nice to have some starting parameters to start from or compare to.

I guess I'm saying maybe share some high level view of your experience to draw the audience in dropping the carrot, leaving them wanting more to follow along. Maybe use some of that to tease the viewer up front in the video, an overview that you'll go over some of that during the video to draw them in. At the end you may consider quickly plugging what you've got coming up or other videos of interest you've done.

Just something to think about going forward if that is your inclination. You may be just wanting to share and I realize the video editing takes some time to do. :wave:

Nice video, good camera angles and nice cuts. Interesting to watch. I'd second Darrens comments but realizing that I'm pretty far into the analytical side so that may well not translate to most viewers.

Leo, as others have said, "nice video". Good to put a voice with the face and the face with your picture. That box is amazing. I remember that swap, I got a box from Tom Neimi!!!! My wife took it from me!!!!!

There is LOT to learn about making videos.

I have been watching and analyzing TONS of channels and videos. You tube is a gold mine of knowledge.

There is a lot to be said for -----"Just Do It" ----- that's what I am doing.

As to speeds and feeds and techie stuff, yeah, I forgot to add that in.

Also - speed and feed for me is not a constant. I have a feed override on my control pendant and I adjust it to what looks and sounds good to me. I don't remember the parameters that I ran to. Also that was on my older machine that I sold just after making the wolfbox.

Some of the Channels that inspire me are
Frank Howarth
Pure Living for Life
Video Infleuences
Think Media
April Wilkersom
Guildbrook Farms
Fouch Family off grid
Mathew Cremona

There are others too, but those are the main ones

They are not all about DIY or woodworking, but they are great channels that I watch regularly.

From those main channels I grab thoughts and ideas. They are all successful and have great channels.

One thing to note is ---- don't try to copy someone --- do your own thing.

So as to content - for now -- I think my intro video sums it up - and YES YES - I will be doing a LOT more.

I do in some videos talk specifically about speed and feed and cutters. Check out some of the other videos. The walnut slab, the machine legs, the fast cutting all have some specific info.

Also I promise to get VERY analytical and VERY specific about details in some future videos, but maybe not always.

I am sure as I do more, the videos will get better.

Yes they are HUGE work to put together, hours per video just for editing, and hours to make.

Doing it for fun, YES. Doing it to create a retirement business, YES. There are several little value stream that can be created in this manner. Heck, April Wilkerson is currently building a 3,000 sq ft workshop to continue on her youtube venture. Pure Living for Life is building an unbelievable timber frame home. There are many youtubers making significant dollars in their youtube journey. I just need a little retirement supplemental.

I don't think I like craft shows, except to attend and walk around. I like the ETSY store and will build more on that. Youtube partner program and affiliate marketing looks pretty promising.

I think it's going to be a couple of years to get the ball rolling, but that's just about the right timing.

I do thank you for the comments and the watch time. I do appreciate it.

I am not going to bombard this forum with videos, but I thought the heart and the wolfbox was a good fit.

Again, I do appreciate the comments -- thank you

If you haven't added ClickSpring to your list, he's worth checking out from a video perspective. The technical work is fantastic as well, but his videography and camera work is amazing. He's very much on a different vibe than say Howarth though so it would depend a bit on your target audience.

If you haven't added ClickSpring to your list, he's worth checking out from a video perspective. The technical work is fantastic as well, but his videography and camera work is amazing. He's very much on a different vibe than say Howarth though so it would depend a bit on your target audience.

I added ClickSpring to my list

thank you

• Close this thread