I Just Gotta Say

Dave Hoskins

Now that the roads have thawed out some, I just gotta, gotta, gotta go get my TAMALE FIX !!! Weather's been typical February in Texas. Up and down. And, wet. Since yesterday morning have gotten 6" of rain. 4 1/2" the day before that. Soggy and kinda cold. Not real cold. Just kinda cold.

Not quite there yet for us, still drizzling, but at least it's moving above freezing today. Took these the on Tuesday, all the trees and grass are covered with 1/4" of ice, then got ice pellets later in the day.
2018-02-20 10.42.03.jpg 2018-02-20 14.16.02.jpg

We're getting our second dose of something resembling real winter. About 4" on tuesday which mostly melted yesterday but its making a valiant attempt at rebuilding it this morning.

I'd still definitely eat some Tamales given half a chance.

And light rain just started here. Though we need it badly.

And having been in Rennie's back yard, I know his concerns. Got your water wings ready/. Sand bags on hand might be a good idea.

And having been in Rennie's back yard, I know his concerns. Got your water wings ready/. Sand bags on hand might be a good idea.

WOuld have to surround the entire house and shop as there is no sense trying to block the water only on one side. Surrounding terrain is low and water will find its way around. Praying hard. Jan seems to think there is no need for concern. Hope she's right!

Dave,

You were just east of the line between green and purple on the weather map. Out west of you, we got light rain starting Saturday, heavy rain starting Tuesday, sleet starting Wednesday followed by alternating freezing rain and snow. Barely got above freezing today. Some melting. Ice on the roads is rutted and hard again. I was coming to Ft Worth today for a woodturning meeting but decided I wouldn't learn anything that was worth getting on these roads for. TXDOT was recommending staying off I-20 through Taylor, Callahan, and Eastland counties. I'm hoping Lil Orphan Annie was right and "the sun'll come out tomorrow". Fifties by Saturday is the forecast but more rain coming and we need it.

Yeah. It's been raining and sleeting with some snow for several days. Makes my right knee ache like crazy. Right now when you go outside you hear the ice falling out of the trees hitting the ground. Interesting noise for Texas. Ain't supposed to get decent out there until Saturday night.