SU Plugins Inoperative

Jeff Wright

I have tried installing a couple additional SU plugins without success. I have been simply placing the plugin file, a Ruby file, into the Plugin folder in SketchUp. Some plugins are contained in their own folder within the Plugin folder while others are placed in the SU Plugin folder without being in their own folder. I have tried rebooting my computer. Any suggestions for a solution?

What scripts are they? There are some that were written for the previous version of SketchUp and need to be slightly edited to work in the latest. There are also some that don't work with the free version. I believe scripts that have their own toolbars are the primary ones in the latter group.

Windowizer shows up in the Context (right click) menu. There is nothing that shows in the Plugin menu. I don't think there were any changes need for that script to run in SU6 but you might want to get it from smustard.com instead. If there's an updated version, Rick would have it loaded there. Didier is pretty amazing about keeping his list up to date but if you still have trouble, try smustard.

Yes, you can have folders inside the Plugins folder. I have a bunch of them. Some scripts generate their own toolbars or other UIs so these folders include PNG image files and maybe DLLs and other things. As I said before, those scripts didn't work in the previous free version. I don't know if they work in the current one but they may not.

A few of the scripts that generate their own UIs are:

Housebuilder
Selection Filter
Projection Tools

Windowizer shows up in the Context (right click) menu. There is nothing that shows in the Plugin menu.

Dave, I tried downloading the plugin from the site your suggested. Still nothing. I don't see any evidence of a context menu for that plugin either. I right-clicked but nothing additional is showing. Not sure what the story is.

Did you select a face first before right clicking?

Did you restart SketchUp after adding the script to the Plugins folder?

Attachments

• Windowize.jpg
    Windowize.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 19
Did you download the entire zip file and then extract the contents to the Plugins folder? There are a number of files in the zip file that need to be extracted.

Last two suggestions.

Go to Window>Preferences>Extensions and check all the boxes. Close SketchUp and open it again. Draw a surface, select it and right click. Is Windowizer at the bottom of the context menu?

If that doesn't help I think it is time to contact Rick at Smustard for suggestions. Let me know how it goes.

Last two suggestions.

Go to Window>Preferences>Extensions and check all the boxes. Close SketchUp and open it again. Draw a surface, select it and right click. Is Windowizer at the bottom of the context menu?

If that doesn't help I think it is time to contact Rick at Smustard for suggestions. Let me know how it goes.

All the extensions were already checked. I'll contact Rick. BTW, I have your Template loaded in my SU. Thanks.

One is Windowizer found here:

http://www.crai.archi.fr/RubyLibraryDepot/Ruby/windowizer21.rb

Also, can a plugin be inside its own folder which in turn is placed into the PLUGIN folder within SU? Or, does the file itself have to be placed into the SU PLUGIN folder? I ask because some plugins come in their own folder that contains more than one file.

Problem solved. For those of you experiencing the same problem, I discovered that I cannot place a plug-in that consists of its own folder of multiple files into the SU PLUGIN folder. Instead, each individual file that comprises that plugin 'set' must be individually placed inside the SU PLUGIN folder in order to work properly.